1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Immorality in Ministry

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Victorious, Mar 5, 2009.

1. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Actually the OP participated fairly extensively in the earlier post. The last third to half of this thread has been merely a rehash by those who have not read the entire post or they just want to repeat what has already been said. Although, I am still amazed by the number of "believers" that think it is ok to commit deciet for financial gain. To do this one would have to ignore the Word of God.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have to agree with you on that one. Regardless of what we think of the past or present government or its laws, we are Biblically bound to obey them.

3. Anthony

Anthony New Member

This has been an eye opener. Now I learn my own brother is living in adultery with a woman.
    They won't get married because she would lose benefits.

Guess he just drops commandments he doesn't agree with.
    Incredible

4. Victorious

Victorious Member

Actually, I haven't been on the site for a while, but I need to respond to this. Your accusatory remarks are based upon your own opinion and I must say, I resent them. If you had read every post, you might have a better understanding.

1. My husband already went to her privately, she admitted the affair, and he gave her time to make a decision.
    2. She chose to ignore his counseling and continue to "step up to the front."
    3. He brought his two deacons in to confront her and she understood why she must be removed from the ministry. She said she was waiting for this to happen.

I do not approve of marrying anyone outside of the law and we don't recognize "common law" marriages.

Who in the world told the board what church this is??? It's not even what is posted!!! Some very strange things going on in this post!

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

From what you posted, I agree - you did everything possible that you should have. Yes, there was a lot of speculation on this thread and while some scenerios are good to discuss, it didn't need to get nasty.

As for figuring out what church, that's easy. Just look at your profile and it lists your church.

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

If every pastor or minister were to make Paul their model, we'd have less immorality in the ministry.

7. Songbird

Songbird New Member

What bothers me as much as the living arrangement is that this man is taking advantage of her! "Made free use of the monetary benefits...." Does she have children or someone that has POA other than this man? What will happen if she has to go into a nursing home? Will he take everthing she has? This man needs to be checked out....Has he taken advantage of other widows? Can someone in your church or someone in the legal field check this out???