1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Impeach Bush

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Aug 31, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yup, I remember. [​IMG] Hey thanks you just give me an idea about a positive thing I can say about Bush in the "Pro Con" thread. ;)

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Grounds for impeachment?

3. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

I love it! Keep attacking Bush!! While the left (and the extreme right that has sided with liberals) is busy trying to beat Bush, we can march forward. Keep living in the past (and you know that is what the dems are doing) while we look forward to the future.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Where'd ya hear that? The mythical liberal media? [​IMG]

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's the first time I've heard anyone say that the extreme right sides with the left. Interesting, there may actually be the ring of truth to it. I've often thought of the hyperconservatives being as dangerous as the left, but have tended to keep those comments to myself. I guess I'm not alone in thinking that.

6. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

BUSH'S IMPEACHABLE OFFENCES

whatreallyhappened.com

1) The now famous Downing Street Memo, along with the testimony of former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neil constitute direct evidence of a decision by Bush to invade a sovereign foreign nation on entirely specious grounds.

2) The decision to deploy chemical weapons in Fallujah came from Rumsfeld who no doubt covered his --- by receiving assent from Bush to use these banned weapons

3) The decision by Bush to dig up dirt on UN diplomats when the General Assembly was considering his ill-fated war resolution

4) Authorizing torture of POW's - a direct violation of the protocols of the Geneva Convention

5) Holding so called "non-combatant civilians" for an indefinite period of time ,depriving them of their day in court ,acess to counsel, and acess to family members who could plead their cause to the public.

6) Kidnapping so called "terror suspects" , placing them on Rendition Airways, and sending them to countries like Uzbekistan who boil these ,untried,unconvicted people alive.

7) foreknowledge of 9/11 by Bush, Rice, and the top Neocons at the Pentagon . The only ones warned were Fmr. SF. Mayor Willie Brown, Salman Rushdie (Via Scotland Yard) and Ariel Sharon, who cancelled his trip to NYC scheduled for the weekend prior to 9/11.

8) Engaging in a massive voter suppression campaign in the state of Ohio to secure a second term by fraudulent means. Such activities carry criminal sanctions as outlined in the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

9) Covering up the involvement of Mossad in 9/11. The fellow that secreted these spies and explosives experts out of country and back into Israel , Michael Chertoff, was promoted from Criminal Division of the Justice Dept to lead the Dept. of Homeland Security.!

10) The attempt to quash the testimony of Sibel Edmonds using the bogus shield of the States Secret Act.

11) Engaging in a sytematic campaign of depriving political dissidents of their 1st ammendment rights to condem Bush administration policy. Protesters are removed out of crowds and summarily placed in jail. The Secret Service, under orders of the President, conduct "Harassment and intimidation Interviews" of anti -Bush political activists.

12) Conspiring with Ken Lay to rip-off the the people of California by creating false energy shortages,thus creating the causus belli for charging energy consumers illegal, confiscatory rates. 13) Conspiring to rig the vote count in the state of Fl. by hacking optical scan machines and E-voting machines and covering up the latter by passing legislation in the state of Fl to prevent post-election examination of E-voting machines.

14) Illegally transferring $700 million from the budget for the war in Afghanistan for war preparations in Iraq in July 2002, without Congressional Approval. This is a Constitutional violation.

15) The "outing" of CIA operative Valerie Plame.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I seem to remember running across that statement or something close to it here before Johnv. Might have been during your absence. But it'll probably catch on now. ;)

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You forgot to list Hurricane Katrina.

9. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

10. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Bush is not responsible for Katrina, God is. Katrina is a picnic compared to what's ahead for America.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Amusing comment, since it comes from the [personal attack deleted] most stubborn person on the board.
    Then it better happen fasr, because you're already stated that the beginning of the end is in 2010. So what kid of abnormal disasters to you predict int he next 5 years? Let me know now, so I can say I told you so about those as well.

[ August 31, 2005, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: C4K ]

12. elijah_lives

elijah_lives New Member

Impeaching Bush is NUTS!

13. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

http://www.serendipity.li/bush/bowman01.htm

I am a member of Veterans For Peace, an organization of thousands of combat veterans. All of us have put our life on the line for this country. Most of us opposed the recent invasion of Iraq. We also opposed the first Gulf War, and the sanctions that followed. We opposed the slaughter of fleeing Iraqis on the Road to Basra. We opposed the use of Depleted Uranium munitions. And we opposed the lies upon which the first Gulf War was based. But there was one good thing about that first Gulf War. It ended. And without a wholesale invasion of Iraq. Why?

Here's what the first President Bush wrote about that in his memoirs:

Trying to eliminate Saddam would have incurred incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending him was probably impossible. We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq. There was no viable exit strategy we could see, violating another of our principles. Furthermore, we had been self-consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-Cold War world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the United Nations mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression that we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the United States could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land.

My brothers and sisters, it is just too darn bad his son can't read!

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

George H. W. Bush was a wise man to keep the "crazies" at arms length during his administration. In my humble opinion of course.

15. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

http://www.tompaine.com/feature2.cfm/ID/10176

President George W. Bush "whose own election was dubious" has seized monarchical powers in sending this nation into war without any legitimate congressional declaration of war or equivalent congressional action. He has lied to the United States Congress and to the American people about the rationale for the war. He has imprisoned American citizens without charges and denied them access to lawyers and the courts. He has thus trampled on the United States Constitution and he has violated his oath of office.

This nation is at a crossroads. These are not simply issues to be debated in a presidential election. These are "high crimes" in the most profound meaning of the phrase, and they require the most serious of legal responses.

Our Constitution lays out a specific process for addressing high crimes committed by a president: impeachment. The time has come for Congress to investigate these crimes and begin impeachment proceedings. Our loyalty to our Constitution requires nothing less.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

When we see some solid evidence from a reputable source instead of internet crazies (note: not in reference to any poster in this thread) perhaps you will have a leg to stand on PN.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That could take some time C4K all the reputable sources are owned by the mythical liberal monopoly media. They'll run cover for their guy till he's no longer an asset.

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I've been hearing all this hype since I was a Bircher back in the late 70's.

I was angry when Reagan picked George Sr. I remember all the talk about Bush Sr and the CFR. I was not happy when George Jr was elected. I have never voted for a Bush.

30 years on and still no proof.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How many times have you heard the liberal media scream about us ousting a leftist regime? Or our supporting a ring wing one for that matter?

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

It must be past my bedtime Ponch, I don't understand your point in the above post in relation to the Bush impeachment.

Sorry.