1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Impeachment

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by gerald285, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

You may call it a crime, but it isn't. Unless he did so under oath, then he didn't commit a crime.

I don't know whether Bush intentionally lied or whether he was misled by the faulty intelligence, but it is certainly his failure that is the reason we are still in Iraq. The jobs our troops set out to do, topple Saddam, destroy WMDs, and set up a Democratic government, have all been accomplished. Bring our boys home and let the Iraqis sort out the rest. We can not be there forever holding up their government for them. They have to decide to take hold of what the U.S. has given them.

Bring 'em home, Mr. President!

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Like you, I am a conservative. I even vote for George W Bush twice. However I am very disturbed by many of his policies. Should he be impeached? Not at this point in the game. It's just too late. I say let the clock run down and just pray we don't get stuck with Hillary. Besides I don't believe Bush is guilty of "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" (Article II, Section 4). Is Bush a poor president? Yes, maybe one of the worst. However that is not a reason to impeach him (mainly at this late stage).

For me, I am just looking for someone to support. I have thought about Ron Paul, Huckabee, and Brownback. However I am just not 100% sold on any of them. I wish Alan Keyes would get back in the race. Truthfully I will probably support Newt when/if he throws his hat into the ring.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I have seen no evidence that Bush lied (told a willfull untruth). In fact, I think those who claim he lied are giving him too much credit. I think Bush let's other people make the decisions while he just approves/disapproves them. So if we are going to look for a liar I think we have to look lower down the chain than Bush.

4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Actually, I'd prefer that the House of Representatives examine the matter.

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Translation from "lib-speak"

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I see that you don't believe in our system of government. What system would you prefer?

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

They did and agreed with Bush, 296-133.

8. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

There isn't enough time. I doubt that it would succeed. Congress, with its 14% credibility rating, needs to be doing other things, like making sure 22,000 American veterans labeled as having "personality disorders", who are denied military benefits and are told they owe the U.S. money, get their benefits reinstated and their "debt" erased; evicting illegals and walling off the border with Mexico. Cancel the interstate highway program from Mexico City to Kansas City and on to Toronto. That's just a couple of items that need to be addressed, and soon.

#28 DQuixote, Jul 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2007
  9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Forget the idea of impeachment. There is not enough time to prove crimes, and I doubt there is any. Misleading the American people as to your true colors is not a crime. Learn from the disaster of the Bush administration, and elect someone in 08 that truly cares for the American people.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have. Repeatedly.

No dice.

11. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

They are in constant vigilance over "Get GW any way we can" but nothing but rhetoric ever comes out.

And again you forget that the whole free world, and our own liberal congressional leaders agreed to the invasion.

12. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A constitutional Republic.

#32 hillclimber1, Jul 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2007
  13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd settle for a Congress that does its constitutional duty and quits trying to resurrect the Salem Witch Hunts.

Or, as was said, a Constitutional Republic; in practice that is, not just a facade like we now have.

Even with all its problems, I think we still have the best in the world, but unless some common horse sense is found lurking in the hallowed halls of the congressional closets, we won't have the best much longer.

14. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I concur...

15. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Not unless you count Habeus Corpus a right. I do. Anybody can be held without being charged with a crime and without access to an attorney. This comes from the so-called "Patriot Act." U.S. citizens in the U.S. can be treated the same as prisioners in Guantanamo. Read the law.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you want to impeach Congress in it's entirety for passing the Patriot Act?

17. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

You haven't seen any high crimes and misdemeanors?

18. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Again, what was the reason why we invaded Iraq?

19. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Your statement was that you haven't lost any rights. You have as I demonstrated.

20. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The Patriot Act is 342 pages long and it was passed without much discussion on Oct. 24, 2001 less than 6 weeks after 9/11. Doesn't this raise this question in your mind:

How did such a complicated piece of legislation get written in such a short period of time?

The Project for a New American Century, a radical rightist think tank, stated in writing that their objective of invading Iraq probably wouldn't be supported by the American people without a dramatic event like Pearl Harbor. What was 9/11?