1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Impending Oil Discoveries in Israel

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by lastday, Nov 2, 2010.

1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why the assumption that this county Israel is the Israel that God is interested in "defending"?

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it's the land but maybe not the nation nor the time. I do not know when the time will be but I do not think this present country is the ingathering of Judah and Joseph per Ezekiel 37.

3. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Do you have evidence that they are not? What other people did God promise to return to that land? They certainly consider themselves to be Jews, and their enemies consider them to be Jews.

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True but Israel has returned a number of times, why is this time different or more prophetic?

5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Well there had not been a return since Hadrian forbade Jews from entering Jerusalem around AD 135. We can't say for sure that their return in 1948 is the fulfillment of prophesy, but it seems pretty significant.

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the Harlot, Mystery Babylon, is correctly understood to be none other apostate Judaism, then other prophecies come to light:

7 (and, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead); and this is a woman sitting in the midst of the ephah.
    8 And he said, This is Wickedness: and he cast her down into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.
    9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there came forth two women, and the wind was in their wings; now they had wings like the wings of a stork; and they lifted up the ephah between earth and heaven.
    10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?
    11 And he said unto me, To build her a house in the land of Shinar [BABYLON]: and when it is prepared, she shall be set there in her own place. Zech 14

Yea, modern Israel may be prophecy fulfilled, but it is Wickedness. It is Wickedness for the Church of Christ to marvel and wonder after that old apostate whore. IMO, those that blindly, glibly support her and take glee in her actions also take part in the atrocities that she routinely commits.

Physical Israel should mean no more to the Church than any other race or ethnic group.

7. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Whew! Well I'm glad that's settled then. We can tell all theologians over the centuries who thought otherwise that we now definitively know the true identity of the Mystery Babylon. [/sarc]

8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad your glad. [/sarc]

Start a thread. We'll debate.

9. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

NiteShift,
    You responded to percho:
    Here is your response to him:
    Let's give a scriptural presentation to kyredneck who thinks God's Endtime judgments upon Mystery Babylon concern the fall "of Israel" rather than the "fall of her enemies"...the first "fall" (Rev.17:15-18) being at midpoint of Daniel's 70th "7" via the Ten Kings who hate the City and destroy it in one hour with fire; and the second "fall" occurring at the "Hour of Judgment" on the single Day of Christ's Apocalyptic Presence with all the Saints...wherein
    all the nations, and BABLYON as well, will "drink of the wine of the Cup of God's Wrath". Rev.16:18-21. God destroys the nations and reinstates Israel!

Kyredneck fails to include God's plan at the "end of the age" to restore both Ephraim and Judah as one nation. The nations must first be made aware that God totally supports Israel as His People at the "end of time" INSTEAD of using the occasion to destroy the "apple of His eye". Israel and Judah will be reunited as ONE at Messiah's return from heaven "with all the Saints"!!

There can be no vindication of God's promises to Israel and Judah until peace
    comes to the Mideast under Mystery Babylon which refers to their enemies
    who seek Israel's destruction rather than to God's hatred of Israel as kyredneck proposes. The period of PEACE established under Mystery Babylon
    will be broken TWICE...first by the nations invading Israel to "take a spOIL"
    and second by the Beast 3.5 years after he makes a "covenant with many"
    and seeks to destroy both Christians and Jews for 1260 plus 3 or 4 days!!! Mel

10. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Mel - The very scripture that he quotes, Zech 14, says that God himself will "...go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle" to defeat Israel's enemies.

"And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth."

I don't see how that can be interpreted as God's judgments falling upon Israel there. Certainly God has chastened them at various times, but end times prophecy all points to the Lord fighting for Israel, as my Bible reads.

11. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

Amen NiteShift:
    Jesus confirms that the "days of vengeance and wrath" upon Israel will end when the "times of the Gentiles are completed"!
    Luke 21:22-24. Then He goes on to indicate they will "know their redemption and kingdom are near...
    at the Sign of the Son of Man coming in glory and power"!! Luke 21:28-31.
    Finally, He urges them to "beg to escape all these things and to be able to stand before the Son of Man...AS THEY HAPPEN during that day (and hour of trial) coming as a snare on all inhabitants on all the face of all the earth"!!!
    Luke 24:34-36.

Luke's account concentrates on the Jews praying for mercy until they see the Son of Man appearing with all the Saints.
    Those who pray are not believers because it is the Jews who "mourn and beg to escape all these things" at the Hour of Trial. During that Hour all Believers will have been "gathered above to meet the Lord". The Hour of Trial involves the pouring out of
    the "wine of the Cup of God's wrath upon all the cities of the nations as the hearts of men fail from fear"!
    Mel

12. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

Friends,
    I believe we must conclude, from the words of the Prophets and of Jesus Himself, that God is about to terminate the sufferings of both Christians and Jews; but He has appointed this termination to occur in conjunction with an intense expectation of Messiah's coming only after fulfilling the signs of Mark 13:24-27; Matt.24:29-31; Luke 21:25-36 and Rev.6:12-17...on a single day!

God told Hosea and Isaiah, after "He returned to His place in heaven and remained there until Ephraim and Judah seek His face, that after two days... on the third day...He will return to redeem them a second time so they may live again as His People"...but theirs will be the "Kingdom on Earth rather than the Kingdom in Heaven". It's not beyond reason that "two days" refers to 2000 years since Christ died and ascended to heaven in AD 33 where "Jesus must remain until the restoration of all things" as verified by Peter!!
    Acts 3:19-21.

The "restoration of all things" requires ownership of the land of Israel by Jews; but also the discovery of oil in the land that will,
    in turn, accelerate the search for Mideast Peace. God will convince the Nations that He supports Israel when their enemies seek to confiscate the oil found at the "boot of Asher and head of Joseph". The result, I believe, will hasten the Endtime of 1260 days (plus 3 or 4) that climax with the Second Coming of Christ to complete the "restoration of all things"!!!
    Mel

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

14. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

Webdog,
    No, the faithbook site refers to oil and gas discovered off of Israel's coastline.
    The Zion Oil Co is drilling on land in the area between Tel Aviv and Haifa. It
    has options to drill on 325,000 acres of land after surveying for ten years. The 4 billion barrels under the Sea are like a drop in the bucket to what may be found. IMO, the oil discovery will speed the search for "peace" in the Mideast.

I personally think the discovery will be accomplished by 2015...for reasons I
    may want to discuss on another thread that has to do with Israel's next 19-Year Metonic Cycle which will span the 19 years from 2014 to 2033...for,
    I think, that final year qualifies as 2000 years since Christ left the earth and
    should return to fulfill Hosea 5:14 to 6:2 "after 2 days; on the 3rd day".
    Mel