1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Imperfect Babies Aborted

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by carpro, May 30, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=388114&in_page_id=1770&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=NEWS&ct=5
    Babies aborted for not being perfect
    20:32pm 28th May 2006

EXCERPT

The ethical storm over abortions has been renewed as it emerged that terminations are being carried out for minor, treatable birth defects.
    Late terminations have been performed in recent years because the babies had club feet, official figures show.

Babies are being aborted with only minor defects.
    Other babies were destroyed because they had webbed fingers or extra digits.
    Such defects can often be corrected with a simple operation or physiotherapy.
    The revelation sparked fears that abortion is increasingly being used to satisfy couples' desire for the 'perfect' baby.
    A leading doctor said people were right to be 'totally shocked' that abortions were being carried out for such conditions.

2. TheRev

TheRev New Member

Christians, Defend the Sanctity of Life for All!

This news is not a surprise to anyone involved in pro-life work. There is a caution that should accompany stories of this nature. Pro-life Christians should be careful when arguing against abortion that we don't get drawn into the debate that it is unacceptable to abort these children while at the same time agreeing to allow other children with more serious issues to be aborted. It is the same as arguing against partial birth abortion while at the same time giving credibility to other methods of abortion (child killing). To accurately represent the heart of God, we must argue for the sanctity of all life, not just a select few.

By the way, can anyone tell me how the ban on partial birth abortion (if upheld in the courts) will save the life of one child so long as we continue to allow other methods of child killing to continue?

3. Seth&Mattsmom

Seth&Mattsmom New Member

I read in a Time magazine that it is estimated that 85-90% of pregnancies that have known defects are aborted. I cried. I have a special needs son, and cannot imagine someone else stopping a life because of "poor quality of life for the child". That is pure rubbish. I know plenty of special kids and they are just as happy, if not happier, than their peers. Seems that we are no better than the Spartans leaving their deformed babies on the hillside to die. (can't remember where I got that little tidbit). Just my 2 cents.

4. Pete

Pete New Member

"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer..."

:mad: :( :tear:

5. Seth&Mattsmom

Seth&Mattsmom New Member

Without having a German/English dictionary here or Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, you wrote "One person, one country, one ruler"?

6. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If liberal justifications are going to be accepted then this one is just as valid as any other. These defects place a financial and emotional burden on the mother.

Why you people are just being cruel by seizing a mother's "right" not to be burdened with a child like this... you have no compassion or respect for women at all...:rolleyes:

7. Pete

Pete New Member

From Wiki: "One of the Nazis' most-repeated political slogans was Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer' - 'One people, One empire, One leader'."

Emailed this to Daily Mail: I find it hard to believe that a nation that fought so hard against someone's idea of a "master race" only 60 odd years ago now has similar elements within itself.