1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Implosion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Baptist in Richmond, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

BTW, are any of you watching Senator Allen's tight election race here in the Commonwealth?
    WOW!!

Regards to all,
    BiR

2. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Yes, we get daily snippets here in the DC area. As much as I despise the use of the "N-word" and as often as I have seen the kind of snickering too-privileged attitude that Allen MAY have shown as a college student, can we not also recognize the phenomenon of "youthful indiscretion"?

I am not a Republican, and have no dog in the Virginia fight, but it just does not seem fair that all these folks have turned up of late to say that they heard Allen say that word way back when ... some of whom he says he does not even remember knowing!

Above I emphasized MAY, because I cannot think that these witnesses are credible.

Glad for once to be voting in Maryland!

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope so. I used language over thirty years ago when I was a teenager/young adult that I would not use today.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The dems cant win if they dont make up evil things. After all they need to show why the repubs are worse than they are, dontchya know.

5. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I guess that "macaca" thing wasn't the clever put-down Allen thought it was. If you get caught stealing, then everyone suspects you whenever something is missing.

I'd say "youthful indiscretion", but how old is Allen now?

6. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Partisan nonsense, nothing more. It's funny: despite claims that you don't listen to Limbaugh that much, you certainly seem to reproduce what he says. Unlike you, I willingly admit that I listen to Rush Limbaugh, as much as I can stomach......

Allen used the now-infamous "M word" while he was being recorded. This is used as a racial slur in the part of Africa from where his mother used to live. Then he had the audacity to claim that he made up the word. Nice try, Senator.

Then of course there is the question that was posed to him during the debate about whether or not his mother was Jewish. He seemingly lost it, and wanted to know why the report chose to cast aspersions (in other words, asking if his mother was Jewish was tantamount to criticizing his character).

The Democrats don't have to "make up evil things," as Senator Allen is doing all of this on his own.

As for "mak[ing] up evil things," what about back in 2004 when Senator Kerry was swiftboated?

http://mediamatters.org/items/200408250002
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200408050007

Amazing........

Regards anyway,
    BiR