1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Importance of Works in Salvation?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by drfuss, Sep 7, 2010.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Fine. Don't post them then.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Have it Ann's way.:thumbs:

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Believing you, your interpretation of the Bible, and what the Bible actually says, are not the same thing. First quote your examples from the Bible. Give a premise to start with. That is the beginning of debate--not a promise to work on your terms.

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Since when is believing God's testimony 'my terms???' Some things God has said so plainly to deny the truth of it is sheer folly.

By the way, one thing never stated in Scripture anywhere period is that no one can keep His law. That is a flat out misrepresentation of the truth of God's Word anyway your slice it. :thumbs:

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

I think God has said it clear enough!

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I just cannot understand this notion that works save and/or keep us saved. I am saved by the blood of Christ. How does His blood get removed from me?

7. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's probably just the human sense that you can't get something for nothing, and to give someone such is "not good" for them, and iwill encourage laxity.