1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Improving on Left behind?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by mioque, Feb 2, 2005.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Karen, I agree with you. The June 25th entry was pretty weak and disappointing. I wouldn't recommend Mr. Clark's blog if his other entries were as weak. I really liked his "Rayford Zork" essay.

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Re:why so popular

Just my two cents, I read one of them, can't remember which one and my response was "juvenile". I have found that most science fiction literature today is written at a low education level. I would guess about 7-9 grade level.

I am not attacking here just pointing that the Christian realm by and large is made up of more uneducated people than educated therefore they are willing to learn eschatology through enjoyable fiction than through diligent study.

For those who are educated and have enjoyed the books I would say that everyone needs to get away from time to time and relax and enjoy reading just for the pure pleasure in it.

I prefer TSR literature especially Weiss, Hickman and Salvatore to totally get away and unwind.

Ps is Chipsgirl "California Highway Patrol girl" ?

#22 thjplgvp, Jun 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2006