1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Improving the website

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by JRG39402, Jun 1, 2006.

1. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

It's restricted to me. I'll change my settings later and try to look again. Today was the last day of school and tonight is graduation :praying:

I've gotta take a nap first! :sleep:

3. standingfirminChrist

JRG,

Ya might try changing the graphics to more realistic by doing a search for exit ramps on google.com images. Ya may also find a 3D Bible on google as well.

That would do a lot for the site

Here is a sign I made.
    [​IMG]
    I did the Route 3 to represent the trinity, Route 6 represents the number of man.

#3 standingfirminChrist, Jun 1, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, I've tried any number of things and still can't get the site. I'll try at school tomorrow.

5. kubel

kubel New Member

Here's my list of webmaster commandments. Seems like you followed them pretty nicely :thumbs:.

1) Be consistent (in design, in colors, in font, in backgrounds, in everything). This will make even the worst web site look somewhat professional. It also helps visitors easily know that they are at the same site.

2) Avoid bright, distracting colors- or text colors on backgrounds that make it hard to read.

3) Avoid flashy, moving, and/or annoying graphics, effects, etc... They can be distracting.

4) Avoid frames. They don't always work well for everyone, and can make linking from external sites a pain in the neck.

5) Use GIF or PNG for solid color images (graphs, cartoons, etc...). Use JPG (compression level 60 is a perfect balance of compression and quality) for colorful things like photos.

6) Check your web site in a variety of browsers. Just because your site renders ok in FireFox doesn't mean IE will find some way to mess it up.

7) Consider using a font other than Times New Roman. There's nothing wrong with that font, it's just that sometimes it looks too plain. Test out some other standard web fonts like Verdana, Arial, Trebuchet MS, and more. Just make sure you follow #1 once you find one you like.

8) Never hotlink (use another servers bandwidth) without permission.

9) Never copy pictures from other web sites. Just because it's on Google Images doesn't mean its public domain or royalty free. There are plenty of free stock image sites out there that offer a legal and morally correct way of using photos on your site.

10) Finally, Christian ministries of like-faith can host for free and get their ministry started on the Internet with no ads at Ministry Hosting (http://www.minihost.org). We offer up to 100MB disk space and 600MB bandwidth for free, cPanel 10 with Fantastico, FrontPage extensions, unmetered features (addon domains, parked domains, subdomains, email addresses, mailing lists, MySQL databases, FTP accounts), and for those without a domain name, a free you.minihost.org subdomain. We also offer discounted upgrades for those that go beyond what we can offer for free.

BTW: I for one absolutely love the ghetto MSPaint drawings :laugh:.

God bless!