1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Imputed Righteousness of Christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jul 30, 2007.

1. chadman

chadman New Member

I dunno, this satement kinda struck me. I am not some super theologian guys, but I'll ask: Can you define what this 'ETERNAL' wrath is? IF it's eternal, is Jesus still connected to this WRATH?

The statement just kinda doesn't make sense to me that's all.

2. chadman

chadman New Member

Oh no, another requirement I forgot about when I was saved.

I didnt' know what this meant, didn't understand it fully, so I guess I my recapitulation didn't 'take' as some of my buddies like to say. Bummer.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

2 Cor 5:21

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Rom 1:16-17

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Phil 3:9

9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Now wherever the Righteousness of Christ has been imputed Rom 4:

6Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Wherever this has occurred Faith will be given to Receive it, to receive a Knowledge of it, and to believe it. So the Just [ those made righteous by the obedience of Christ Rom 5:19] shall live by Faith !

You see, its a secret from those who have it [The imputed righteousness of Christ] until its Revealed to them by God through the Gospel Rom 1:16-17

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17For therein[The Gospel] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

That word revealed is the greek word apokalyptō:

to uncover, lay open what has been veiled or covered up

a) disclose, make bare

2) to make known, make manifest, disclose what before was unknown

You see that ? To make known or disclose something not known before, in this instance, its the Righteousness of God that Has been laid to ones charge because of the finished work of Christ on their behalf. He had been made sin for them, that they may be made the Righteousness of God in Him. 2 Cor 5:21

All for whom this has been done for, shall be made to live by Faith !

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is post #31.
    You made it just a few days ago.
    Post #30 was made in 2007, four years ago.

Do you have a purpose in resurrecting old threads, whereby posters begin to answer the posts made by people who are no longer here. If you are interested in the subject material why not just start a new thread on the same topic instead?

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dw:

No problem, I thought since one was alreay started, just continue it, the subject is very much alive.