1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In Bible study or whatever, I need to be spiritual & practical.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by mr. messy, Mar 2, 2005.

1. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

In Bible study and life, I need to be spiritual but practical. I need to be spiritual and simple. It is so easy for me to go into great detail which may or may not be needed. Keeping my desk neat, for example, is a struggle for me at the end of the day. I need to be disciplined to be better equipped, better used by God. Any suugestions? Thanks, Mr. Messy.

2. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

well Mr Messy
    Take heart that God Made each and every one of for a purpose and that He made you unique and different from any one else, that He has a special purpose for your life so what you are a little messy God loves you just the way you are
    Nobody is perfect:D

3. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

Just as long as you arent leaving those messes for some one else to clean up [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Yes, that is a nice thing to say arch, but not very helpful.
    Mr messy;
    I have that problem also. Discipline to do what you know is right.
    This is what I am working on.
    Try doing ONE thing at a time. For example. TODAY I will put all my pens and pencils back into the drawer or the pen holder at the end of the day. Try this for a week or two.
    Then, tackle the next thing. TODAY I will file all paperwork where it belongs at the end of the day. Try this for a week or two. And so on.
    I find that when I focus on the WHOLE problem it becomes enormous! But when I break it down into bits and pieces, I can easily manage to accomplish my goal.
    The Scriptures give you this principle. "Line upon line, precept upon precept." The context is in learning the things of God. But the principle is still the same. We could NEVER digest the whole of God's truth, as it is revealed in Scripture, all at once. But we CAN get it, "a little at a time".
    Apply this to whatever behavior you wish to change about yourself. Whatever it is that God has "put His finger on". Then, step out in faith that He WILL take you along one step at a time.

Works for me! [​IMG]

In HIS service;
    Jim

5. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

Thank you, Archeryaddict and av1611jim. Thanks for your comments, Mr. Messy.