1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In Christ, Eph 1:4: A question for Reformed Baptists

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by examiningcalvinism, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. examiningcalvinism

examiningcalvinism New Member

I've said my peace

I'm going to the gym.

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Sorry...I'm alone tonight, and I had to run and get a Big Mac. :)

so we have this...

1) they believe after they hear.

2) All unbelievers are of their Father the devil.

Now...

If the Bible says you are ...and get this phrase..."of God"...what do you think that means?

#282 Jarthur001, Jan 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2007
  3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Well...there you go. if John Hagee said it...it must be true.:cool:

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The popcorn was chewy :smilewinkgrin: ;
    The wife's bringing home Mexican food here. Home gym will be in use tomorrow.

5. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

That's some workout. :)

6. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Richard, I gave in and went to your web site to see what you had to say there about 1 Cor 1:30-31.

Here's a paraphrase of what you said: "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!"

7. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers...

Two distinct groups came from Eve. Those of the Devil and those of God.
    John 10:26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice...

We are not converted goats are we? Those who were chosen for blessing have been eternally loved by the Father and creation was created so that He could be with those He had chosen.

Is Prevenient Grace the same as common grace?

JN 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

..."Here am I, and the children God has given me." Heb 2:13.

john.

8. examiningcalvinism

John P

Prevenient Grace is about Jesus seeking, drawing, knocking, while the Holy Spirit convicts, pricks, pierces and opens hearts to respond to the Gospel. Preventient Grace is about opening hearts, while Calvinistic Irresistible Grace is about changing hearts, in preemptively placement in Christ.

Here is a link on Prevenient Grace by Adrian Rogers:

http://examiningcalvinism.blogspot.com/2007/01/adrian-rogers-on-prevenient-grace.html

Enjoy!

9. examiningcalvinism

10. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

This is what I have found since debating free-willers. If you take it slow and one step at a time, their game falls apart. Free-willers like to walk quick and carry a clipboard. It looks like they may have something, till you stop them and look at that clipboard and see it is blank. I have read some of your blog. I knew from the 1st post that something was fishy. The way you only post part of my quotes, shows you do this to Calvin and all. You claim on your blog no one answered you. That is a lie. Many answered you, you just did not like what you heard. One can see it is you that has dodge. The link below has been posted 3-4 times and you will not reply.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=938589&postcount=64

Another blank clipboard.

I said before and I'll say it now. You are only fooling yourself, to try to show Calvin and others support your view. Your not examining Calvinism, your trying to make your people to agree with you. Now some will just take your word for it and be done with it. Have you forgotten that most will NOT take your word? Do you not know that your one line quotes from a full book will be checked on by others? Will not this bring down your house of cards?

Your doctrine rest on one word. The mighty word "in". The Greek has been shown that your hope and trust you place in this word will not stand. Another blank clipboard you have.

11. examiningcalvinism

JArthur

This is my last post to you.

Your non-answers are a case study in evasiveness. The following Blog documents it:

http://examiningcalvinism.blogspot.com/2007/01/questions-about-calvinistic-election.html

Nevertheless, my purpose here is not to embarrass you, but to obtain follow up dialogue on the pickle that Calvinism finds itself in, concerning Eph 1:14 and Eph 1:13.

http://examiningcalvinism.blogspot.com/2007/02/preemptive-regeneration-preemptive.html

I have posted this elsewhere, and I will see whether others are willing to accept the challenge.

12. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello EC,

This is only the 1st statement of what you posted on your site. One can click on your link to see..

Yes was my answer this only "yes" this time. You forgot to post on your site you asked other times and I gave verses and details. Why? Not trying to mislead are you? :)

Like this time..
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=938419&postcount=30

and this...please note the verse you never addressed and forgot to post on your site.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=938589&postcount=64

Another blank clipboard.

I tell you what EC....to show you are a fair person...post Isa 43 on your site and show where you never addressed it. :)

Here I'll help you.....
    Now all you need to do is link to this page...

and for the "Arminian reply"...just put a blank clipboard.

All the other links are the same as this one. Just as you did from post one on...with Calvin, james white, john mac, and now J Arthur. But...I'm no buddy. :)

Have fun...

In Christ...James

#292 Jarthur001, Feb 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2007
  13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This sounds awfully like the calvinist's views. You believe in regeneration prior to faith, another believes in regeneration after faith, one believes in 4 points, another 5, yet another 3.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Since this seems to be the last post, possibly one of many, we will make "this post" the last post of this thread and close it; seeing that this thread has already reached 30 pages.
    You may start another one if you think it will be beneficial to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.