1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In Context reading of scriptures

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Seth3, Nov 21, 2004.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You didn't answer my questions Seth. You conveniently avoided them. It seems that you agreed with this author not knowing anything about the Scriptural story that he referred to. Isn't that correct. You are not able to relate that story to your children without your Bible are you?
    DHK

2. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

your answer is allegorical and therefore is deleted.
    Answer the question.

[ November 23, 2004, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: DHK ]

3. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

You have been given that power.

No doubt you prove the abuse of it. Its manifest to all except the very one doing it.

God really does know what He's doing

The Author proves you are typical of the hurtful men He speaks of.

Can't touch me. you can only ban me. I fear for the souls under your care. Conformed into your image?

God holds the LEADERSHIP to a GREATER ACCOUNTABILITY.

He blamed the Jews for being BLASPHEMED among the gentiles. He took his kingdom away from them and gave it TO THEM.

What a Great God we have.

In Him

Seth3

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do you actually read the Bible Seth?

5. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

I live in it. I adore it.

But I glory more in the one it testifies to.

Seth3

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So where is the story of the "asses heads and doves' dung," and have you bothered to read and study it?

7. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Heres where this person draws their perspective. Apparently scripture speaks of these things. Comparing Spiritual with Spiritual. You look at it and when your familiar with the words God uses and in the context within each picture it shows a spiritual truth.

Do I see "everything" this person shows? Not at all. Do I agree with what this person shows in the Spirit of it (conclusion) despite the words. Yes alot of it. Jus because I don't "get" everything doesn't make me discard everything. Scriptures say TEST everything, HOLD FAST to that which is good.

Ofcourse there is way more to this. Its copy pasted from the the place I retreived it from for discussion.

Heres where this person draws their references.

And it came to pass after this, that Benhadad king of Syria gathered all his host, and went up, and besieged Samaria. And there was a great famine in Samaria: and, behold, they besieged it, until an ASS’S HEAD was sold for fourscore pieces of silver, and the fourth part of a cab of DOVE'S DUNG for five pieces of silver. And...This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him today, and we will eat my son tomorrow. SO WE BOILED MY SON, AND DID EAT HIM: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him..." (II Kings 6:24-25, 28-29).

Rather than eating the rich Word of God's holy Kingdom, the Bread, the substance of Jesus Christ, people are being fed a steady diet of ASSES’ HEADS! This is clearly seen as THE KNOWLEDGE OF MAN, which has been one of the primary food sources to the church for a long time. It has become such a common dish that most have come to like it, especially since it satisfies the carnal man.

Regardless of what they say, their words are often born of the spirit that says, "Come hell or high water, we will do it our way!" Without a doubt, a large portion of the visible church has become a twin sister to those Jeremiah soundly rebuked: "A WILD ASS used to the wilderness, in her heat SNIFFING the wind! Who can restrain her lust? None who seek her need weary themselves; in her month they will find her" (Jer. 2:24, RSV).

Job also had something to say concerning these infamous creatures: "Men remove landmarks (the established boundaries of Christ's Kingdom); they seize flocks (from the sheepfold of the Lord) and pasture them (in their own fields of knowledge). Behold, like wild asses in the desert they go forth to their toil, seeking prey in the wilderness as food for their children" (Job 24:2, 5; parentheses added for emphasis).

"For the palace will be forsaken, the populous city deserted (of the Spirit and the righteous ones); the hill and the watchtower will become dens...of wild asses...until the Spirit is poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness becomes a fruitful field, and the fruitful field is deemed a forest" (Isa. 32:14-15, RSV).

Hosea, the last prophet to the northern kingdom, spoke accurately of today's religious Samaria: "Israel is swallowed up; already they are among the nations as a useless vessel" (Hosea 8:8). And there is a reason the church has come to this: "For they have gone up to Assyria (worldliness), a wild ass wandering alone; Ephraim has hired lovers (idol worship)" (Hosea 8:9). Religion as a whole has become like the one she has lain with; namely, Ishmael, the father of the Arabic tribes: "...HE SHALL BE A WILD ASS OF A MAN" (Gen. 16:12, Rotherham).

In type of Hosea's wife, we see an epic picture of what has happened to the wayward church. She has truly become a harlot, a wild ass in heat. She has not exceeded man's wisdom, his stubbornness, nor has she resisted his adamant rebellion. Rather than overcoming and living honorably, she has given herself to all the wiles of the flesh. In a word, she has not become one with Jesus, her espoused husband. Neither have we seen her entering New Jerusalem they way Jesus enter Jerusalem of old. He came riding upon an ass and her colt that had never been ridden before — signifying victory over Hagar (bondage) and her offspring, the wild ass of a man. Jesus demonstrated absolute victory over all bondage of that present age (Hagar, the mother ass), as well as the STUBBORN ass of the new (Ishmael, the colt).

Seth3 adds (in the context this person shares going back into the article it talks about idolotry.

In

1Samuel 15:23 For rebellion [is as] the sin of witchcraft, and STUBBORNESS IS AS iniquity and IDOLOTRY.

The Stubbornness of thw wild ass as described in this persons description shows the IDOLOTRY as STUBBORNNESS.

The use of ISHMAEL types the FIRSTBORN and that Paul says is the NATURAL MAN (is first) In types Cain and Ishmael type that of the flesh. In Ishmeal is seen the use of ASS so it agrees too.
    Try testing it.

In This scripture agrees with this point.

In Him

Seth3

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So you have finally found the Scripture from which the story was taken. But you have quoted nothing original, only regurgitated that what the author already previously spewed out.
    Samaria was besieged, and there was consequently a famine and little food--so little in fact that it is recorded that one of the women resorted to boiling her own child for food. What a tragedy that was! This was a historical event.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with the church, the word of God vs. the knowledge of man, the Kingdom of God, Christ's kingdom, etc. To surmise, and conclude all the things that this man has done is reading into Scripture things that are not there. Why not be more specific if he is going to go as far as he did.

Let me give it a try:
    "For Ishmael is the type of Seth" How is that?
    Or, Seth is like Hosea's wife, a harlot. How am I doing?
    I am not meaning to be cruel. I am showing that you can read anything into Scripture that you want. And this man has chosen a text of Scripture to conveniently condemn the church (which he already hates and doesn't believe in), and its leaders. Read about the man in his website. Find about his beliefs. Then see why he writes these conclusions. He has already made up his mind before he read this passage of what he was going to write. He found a passage of Scripture to fit his agenda of a vendetta against preachers.

This is not a difficult "science" if you will. I can find all kinds of Scripture and insert your name into it. Or, to be more practical, if I were to try and prove some outlandish doctrine I can throw together some verses out of context, or use a story allegorically to prove almost anything. You can use the Bible to make it say anything you want.

The Mormon simply says:
    In Proverbs: "He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing."
    Mat.6:33 Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things (plural) shall be added unto you.
    --proof positive that polygamy is Scriptural.
    You do the same kind of thing.
    DHK

9. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Yes and if WISDOM is Christ how does SHE hewn her seven pillars?

Spritual truths, who were reputed to be PILLARS in the House of God.

Egypt is it simply Egypt? Letter of the word?

Jerusalem, is it simply Jerusalem? Revelation says the city where our Lord is crucified is SPIRITUALLY CALLED SODOM EGYPT.

Heres tossing that out the window, basically according to the literal sense you can find nothing further in your veiw.

Tower of babel? The past or in Christ?

When Christ was walking among men is WHEN he truly confounded the language THERE.

Why do you think He says, "Why is not my language Clear to you"?

They were not His Sheep. His Sheep HEAR HIS VOICE. Others only the SOUND OF THE LORD.

Sound and Voice.

The Stone the BUILDERS REJECTED in Genesis is THERE in what is SPIRITUALLY CALLED SODOM EGYPT.

BRICK =MAN made doctrines for Stone=Christ
    SLIME for the TEMPERED MOTAR OF LOVE.

Study is beautiful if you can pull from it and understand spiritual truths.

In Him

Seth3

10. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Unfortunately you can't throw things together. Its correctly interpreted IN CHRIST to whom they Speak.

Otherwise your left with reasoning out of your head making excuses for men calling on the name of the Lord in Genesis when Paul said NO OTHER NAME HAD EVER BEEN GIVEN SAVE THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST.

So which is it?

But if you can find the entire picture of the Cross of Christ in Genesis and His words hidden there you know the Spirit just drew up to you out of it the Testimony of Christ.

In Him

Seth3

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The quote above this one should be deleted because it was mostly allegorical. It was interpreted carnally, not spiritually. The truth was not rightly divided. It seems as if the author is ignorant of rightly dividing the truth, and hasn't a clue of exegeting the Word.

Your reasoning should lead you to study the context of the passage that you are reading. Study the Bible, its context, the history of the passage, the author of the book, to whom he is writing, the time-period of the event, etc. It is unspiritual not to do a thorough Bible study in such a way, when you have the means to do so. It is unspiritual to claim mystical and gnostic knowledge because you say you have been led by the Spirit. You don't know for sure which "spirit" is leading you do you?

Truly it has been said that Christ is in the O.T. concealed, and in the N.T. revealed. I don't deny that. But one needs to rightly divide the word, nevertheless. Proper Bible exposition is vital to one's spiritual growth.
    DHK

12. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Scripture says its Christ, your not sharing from scripture your sharing from your head or what others sold you and bought it. Christ says they speak of Him. God hid Christ in His foreknowledge. I see Him there you see History great. You keep the literal history I keep the treasures of Christ in them. I believe I have the better part though. I learn more of my precious savior hidden in the text. God Keeps watch over knowledge. I love that.

DHK says

Proper Bible exposition is vital to one's spiritual growth.

Seth3 replies,

And you "think" this works for you? Its evidenced by... what??

I believe its a heart for the Lord.

But technically I believe scriptures indicate a Spirit of Wisdom and revelation for insight. And ofcourse studying to show yourself approved unto God. I believe scripture shows us what we need.

In Him

Seth3

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
    --You need to learn to do this.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
    --You haven't searched.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
    --This is where you fail miserably. Your conclusions are not based on the "law and testimony," that is the Word of God. They are based on your own imagination.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
    --Paul called them noble for studying the Scriptures. You make the study of Scriptures a mockery.

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
    --Sucess in not yours according to this verse.

1 Timothy 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

1 Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
    --Continue in doctrine. But you hate doctrine don't you. You want Christ without doctrine. According to this verse you can't be saved can you?
    DHK

14. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

I agree with all these scriptures theres not one I do not disagree with. There are some I want to understand better.

But when it comes to doctrine Its Christ and Him crucified.

Christ is my doctrine, and Love is the Fruit of the faith in Him. His command is Love. Against love is no law. What else is there but Christ? When you come to Christ, ofcourse theres a love for his words, you study, treasure his words. You begin to discern the Body of Christ and know by His Spirit those that are His.

In Him

Seth3

[ November 24, 2004, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: DHK ]