1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In defense of the Gospel or Legalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

This thread is a look at indefenseofthegospel blog to show they in fact supply legalism

At the website you will find a list of "Recommended Sites". One would have to think that in defense of the gospel supports the words of the links, or they would not be recommended.

One link I want you to look at..."John MacArthur and Dispensationalism".

http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/dispen/jmacdis.htm

In it you will find that this group is calling for MacArthur to separate based on eschatological doctrines.

Is eschatological doctrines something to fight over?
    Is eschatological doctrines "the gospel"?

Yes we can have a good little debate of it, but to go to extremes of the recommended link is error. The error is legalism.

It seems to me that MacArthur is showing the higher ground where the GOSPEL is what matters more.

Why would indefenseofthegospel blog recommended legalism?

2. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Sadly, it is the norm today to confuse the legalism for the gospel.

3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not sure if this is legalism but over-zealous separation. I think a local church has to define whether it's teachings are going to be dispy or covenant because they are systematically different, but it should not bind the conscience nor fellowship beyond that. But you know, many historical premillinialist believe in a future blessing of national Israel, but not in a future return to the old covenant. So is it dispensationalism or premillinialism they want us to split up and fight over? I think we've got too much time on our hands when we start condemning each other over eschatological fine points.

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I just think its something that Lou the owner of that blog claim that LS is legalism but when you look on his site he shows he supports a legalist level of separation and many other things.

If they are no be deal, then why separate? So it must be a big deal to Lou and company.