1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In search of questions used in 1800's (I think) for church membership

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Maranatha777, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Maranatha777

Maranatha777 Guest

I saw a list of questions (maybe 20 or so) taken from possibly the 1800's which were given to people when they applied for church membership. Does anyone by any chance have a copy or know where I can get this list of questions? It was very separated and very interesting.

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, Maranatha777. I'd like to welcome you to the Baptist Board. [​IMG] I hope you'll take time to visit the "Welcome to Baptist Board.com" forum and introduce yourself to everyone. Concerning your question, I am not familiar with a specific document such as you mention. I will do some searching and see if I can find anything. It is fairly consistent that 19th century Baptist churches were much stricter in receiving members than their 20th/21st century counterparts. One major difference was that people in those days were expected to give a detailed account of their conversion. Also, at least in this area, a unanimous vote was required in order to receive a member.