1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In the Evening of Life

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Crabtownboy, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The above quote comes from L'Engle's book, The Irrational Season. My feeling she is correct.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And here's a couple of other of her quotes from an interview with Newsweek on April 7, 2004:

Keep quoting those who deny Biblical truth...

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps she is brave enough to voice some of her inner feelings that many share ... and yes many Christians share but are afraid to voice them as the really to not trust God to love us even when they have doubts. It is a feeling that if they are not expressed they do not exist and God will not know. But God knows. God knows all. Indeed God knows more about us than we know about ourselves. If we will not confess our doubts, our inner darkness to God than how can He give us grace to remove those doubts and the darkness and set us free?

By the way, if you are uncomfortable with Christians who are deadly honest do not read Ann Lamott.

Here is another of L'Engle's quotes I like ...

#3 Crabtownboy, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only in the twisted liberal world can truth be devoid of facts.

5. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    CTB,
    Apparently you are not sure of the difference between disagreeing with what someone calls God like she did and believes as she believes with being uncomfortable with what she is saying. Everyone has a right to their beliefs. I am comfortable with that freedom for everyone.

But in a sense, I am uncomfortable with someone who reveals so clearly that they are devoid of believing what the Bible teaches about God and salvation. I am uncomfortable because she is lost and, no matter what she believs, punishment is eternal and salvation is not for everyone whether they believe in Christ or not.

You can feel comfortable with her unbelief. I am comfortable in that she has made her decision about what she believes entirely apart from the Bible.