1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In what way is the unbeliever "free"?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Daniel David, Jun 27, 2002.

1. KayDee

KayDee New Member

Not an argument but an addition.

Shouldn’t we also look at how the word helkuo is used other places in Scripture? It is used 8 times in the following places:

James 2:6 ESV
    But you have dishonored the poor man. Are not the rich the ones who oppress you, and the ones who drag you into court?

John 6:44 ESV
    No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

John 12:32 ESV
    And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

John 18:10 ESV
    Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant and cut off his right ear. (The servant's name was Malchus.)

John 21:6
    He said to them, "Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some." So they cast it, and now they were not able to haul it in, because of the quantity of fish.

John 21:11
    So Simon Peter went aboard and hauled the net ashore, full of large fish, 153 of them. And although there were so many, the net was not torn.

Acts 16:19
    But when her owners saw that their hope of gain was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace before the rulers.

Acts 21:30
    Then all the city was stirred up, and the people ran together. They seized Paul and dragged him out of the temple, and at once the gates were shut.

It seems by these verses in other places, there is a meaning of some force, even irresistible dragging.

In His Grace
    KayDee