1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured In what way is Trump a "Christian" president?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FollowTheWay, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think such an accusation is impuning the character of those people, whom ever they are. Until you actually start hearing people talk like that, (not likely to happen) maybe you should be a bit more tolerant and generous in how you characterize them rather than bear a false witness.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've seen statements over the years from people that placed their priorities as Israel first, America second.

I don't think it's a ton of people. I only said "some".

But I'm not going to retract my statement.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well its your credibility but such is nonsense and quite frankly untrue.

4. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can't disprove it, and I can't prove it, really.

What I have seen (much more commonly) is an unquestioning devotion to Israel.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh no! Let's run for the hills!:Whistling

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know whether he is or not, but I feel the same way about most Presbyterians.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must have slept through the last 8 years.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Look at all of those who won't even betray a Party even though God condemns the murdering of babies........and there is no "perceived" about that issue.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ok

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.gtr5.com/

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're one of the most rabid Zionists on this board. You don't even recognize a people called 'Palestinians'. Like, they never existed.

Rabbimitchell would suit you MUCH better than Revmitchell.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Johnson also betrayed the 500,000 troops he sent to Vietnam under false pretenses.

EDIT: Make that 2.7 million troops.

#53 carpro, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean like the false pretense of WMDs that Bush snookered us with? And you don't think the invasion of Iraq was orchestrated by the Zionists? They played the evangelical Bush like a fiddle, as Stefan says.

The bottom line is the deceptions and fear mongering have their roots with the military industrial complex that Eisenhower passionately warned us about in his farewell speech. I'm convinced it's the profiteers from the war industry that had JFK killed because his intent was to scale down Viet Nam involvement, not ramp it up.

15. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My perspective on Israel is that we should generally support them but should not give them carte blanche to do whatever they want. Netanyahu is smart, but he can be too aggressive. He can't be given free reign.

I support a two-state solution that makes Israel's security a top priority. As it stands now, we have a "Jewish state" (understandable, but not exactly a truly free state) that treats many of its inhabitants like second or third class persons.

I understand why Israel takes some of these measures. It's hard to blame a country under constant attack for trying to aggressively defend itself. But there have to be limits, and Israel shouldn't count on the US giving total coverage in the Security Council.

Israel takes the US for granted, and that has to stop. If they don't like respecting the US a bit more, then we should cut off support (or substantially reduce it).

Please don't take this as being pro-Palestinian. I'm not a fan of Palestinian movements/governments at all. I do believe, however, it is in Israel's, America's, and the world's long-term best interest to have a two-state outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope.

The Tonkin Gulf incident was a complete fabrication. OTOH was real intelligence that Saddam had or was trying to make WMD's. Turns out he actually did have quite a stockpile. But we have to ignore that. I'm not interested in any conspiracy theories about the war being driven by Jews.

Far as I'm concerned, the war was justified years earlier when Saddam plotted to assassinate GHW Bush. That's grounds for military action, in my opinion. I don't really care if he had WMDs or not.

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    With all due respect, why would you believe such a thing? What about God's interest and God's declarations as to who belongs in the parameters which God has set forth by His Word? As Christians, it is in our best interest that God's way is fulfilled. I don't see a two state solution outlined in God's proclamations for Israel. Israel is at enmity towards God right now for their rejection of their Saviour. And all those that are at enmity with Israel are at enmity with God.

18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...what you REALLY mean:

"The Christian Zionists Message
    What is the message of the Christian Zionist? Simply stated it is this: Every act taken by Israel is orchestrated by God, and should be condoned, supported, and even praised by the rest of us.

"Never mind what Israel does," say the Christian Zionists. "God wants this to happen.""

All due to a perverted misapplication of Gen 12:3

Excuse me as I refuse to bow to your idol.

19. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROFL, you mean these, that are now in the possession of ISIS?:

"According to the report, American troops secretly reported finding roughly 5,000 chemical warheads, shells or aviation bombs, and it’s believed at least 17 American military service members were exposed to Iraq’s WMDs after 2003. Retired Army major Jarrod Lampier was present when one of the largest chemical weapon stockpiles was unearthed and he says, “I love it when I hear, ‘Oh there weren’t any chemical weapons in Iraq.’ There were plenty.”"

Why didn't we do something with them? Why leave them there for terrorists like ISIS to have for their own?

Because they're so old and leaky it's extremely dangerous to try do anything with them short of building a costly sophisticated incinerator on site to dispose of them.

[add]

Saddam did the very same thing the U.S. and others did with those old chemical weapons left over from the past, he buried them. 20 miles as the crow flies from my place is a huge depot devoted to the safe storage of out of date chemical weapons in thousands of earth covered bunkers.

#59 kyredneck, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Don't recall saying that in my post...
    If you reread my post it was about God, not an idol. It is your choice if you refuse to bow to Him and accept His proclamations for Israel.

• Like Like x 1