1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

In which situations do christians plead the blood of Jesus?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, May 27, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

What confuses me is this. The bible mentions the blood of Jesus. Christians also often use it and plead the blood but where and how do they know when this is helpful and when not? Who tells them what the blood is good for? I feel like they have this not from the bible but from christian authors which base their knowledge on extra revelations which they claim to have gotten.
    Where does the bible say when to plead the blood?
    The problem is if I try to do something like pleading the blood but at the same time I'm not even sure wether in this situation this is even the right thing to do then it doesn't make sense.
    As an example: Antibiotics can be very helpful but if you take antibiotics against everything then it won't help, they only help against special things.
    And isn't it the same with the blood of Jesus? I don't think that you can use it in all situations. :confused:

2. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

What exactly do you mean? I am not really sure to what you are referring. The only thing I can think of is that my appeal to God for forgiveness is based on Christ's blood, because that is why it was shed.

3. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

I don't know if it exists in any Baptists circles...

But, in Charismatic and Penetcostal circles the line is, "satan can't cross the Bloodline".

So, pleding the Blood of Jesus would mean that a person, when under enemy assault, would do two things...

Out loud remind the enemy that they are covered in the Blood of Jesus...

And, ask God to apply the Blood to the proverbial doorposts and lintels...

I have never fully understood the sentiment because if:

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

And, if we have:

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Then there should be no problem with:

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

See, this is exactly what I mean.
    Some do it, others don't.
    How am I supposed to know wether this really works?
    Many people simply say stuff like "I cover myself with the blood of Jesus" or they cover another person with the blood to be protected.
    Where is this in the bible? Where does all this extra knowledge come from?
    How am I supposed to know what's real and what isn't?

5. Daughter

Daughter New Member

Hi,

I've often wondered about this subject and I've never been given a satisfactory answer. My view is more or less like this article

http://www.letusreason.org/Doct23.htm

Hope you find this useful.

Daughter

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Thanks. :smilewinkgrin:

7. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

8. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Thank you.

The problem is simply how can I do something when I don't even know if it's biblical? This way it won't work even if it is biblical because I cannot fully trust in it and if it doesn't work I think it's not biblical even though it might have been biblical. This is so annoying. :(

9. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Often, there are difficult passages in the Bible, and they are there because we need to pay special attention to them.

Perhaps that's what this is about in your life. It's something that you need to pay special attention to.

It makes my heart joyous to see people this interested! So many people simply "go with the flow".

10. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But it only makes sense when you can be sure that you're right.
    Supposing you simply say to God "God I simply rely on it that you will always show me the real meaning of the bible" and then you simply read and think that your opinion is always right because you asked God to show you the real meaning then this would mean that your opinion is 100% biblically correct but is this realistic? Isn't this simply an easy approach to simply "feel well" and to solve the issue of not knowing what the bible really means?
    I bet there are christians which simply rely on that God will always guide them but imagine every christian does this then all christians had to agree on everything but they don't. This is what I don't udnerstand. They all have the holy spirit and if God teaches them then they should all agree but they simply don't and some which you do not agree with will even tell you:
    "Listen to the Holy Spirit!"
    Implying that they are right while you are wrong and if you only listen enough God will say you that they are right. This is manipulation in my opinion this way you basically say that your opinion is from God and that the others are wrong. :(