1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Incident at the job today

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Nov 15, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I work in a coordinator position and was approached by the head of the department saying that I am not fast and efficient enough and that the livelihood and jobs of 200 employees is all on me and how I perform. I work hard as today I worked from 6:30am - 5pm and without any breaks. The last few days have been like this as the company is preparing for a audit. I tried to tell him that I would be much more efficient if they had another hand in the area where I work as its so difficult to get anything done with all the interruptions. Like today I was working on the cycle count and trying to adjust the inventory. In a hour I was interrupted more than 30 times to get get pods, do spoilage and the like. Throughout the day its like this as the place is not very organized and the interruptions make it difficult to get anything done.

Also ethics may be an issue. For example today I was accused of losing or taking a bunch of secure credit cards. I did not do it, but as I have no witnesses also working there its my word against the managers. The cards were found as I had put them where they belonged.

I think I will just work hard and work hard. But if they expect one person to do the job then the job is above my skill levels. Its not easy failing and not being a good fit, but a rational person would move on. A good idea? I heard the place was almost shut down last year by the auditors. I say more staff and more help would make the place run more efficient.

#1 evangelist6589, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013