1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Incident on aid convoy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crucified in Christ

Crucified in Christ New Member

Are you serious? I can imagine that nothing would satisfy the Islamic relief organizations more than the United States Military getting involved. Perhaps Hamas, seeing how helpful we are to their people, will lay down their arms and we will finally have peace in the Middle East. :BangHead:

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    French judge says Turkish charity behind Gaza flotilla had terror ties

PARIS (AP) — The Turkish Islamic charity behind a flotilla of aid ships that was raided by Israeli forces on its way to Gaza had ties to terrorism networks, including a 1999 al-Qaida plot to bomb Los Angeles International Airport, France's former top anti-terrorism judge said Wednesday.

The Istanbul-based Foundation for Human Rights and Freedoms and Humanitarian Relief, known by its Turkish acronym IHH, had "clear, long-standing ties to terrorism and Jihad," former investigating judge Jean-Louis Bruguiere told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

More Here

3. Crucified in Christ

Crucified in Christ New Member

It never ceases to amaze me when we hear people complain about Islamic charities being raided. The first thing that the media reports is that it is an Islamic charitable organization, yet literally dozens, if not hundreds, of these organizations have been busted in the last decade for having ties to terror. In fact, a few that were busted here in the U.S. were described as nothing more than money funnels to terrorist organizations.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Yes, there's a youtube video pertinent to this issue:

The "Hamas Flotilla Singers" have a new take on the old classic, "We Are the World."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOGG_osOoVg

excellent satire, and spot on.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Wow. While think Israel might have handled this better, and I suspect in retrospect they would say the same, this is excellent and pointed satire.

I am not for 'Israel at all costs.' I deplore their use of forged passports of Irish and Australian citizens for example. But this incident did exactly what it was intended to do which is to give Israel a great black eye. Israel walked right intp the trap and the well intentioned on the relief ship were used as pawns of those with an agenda.

Following the IDF on Twitter to see how the Rachel Corrie situation develops now. They are also posting nearly live video feeds here

#25 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
  6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Glad to see it worked out. Israeli troops just boarded the vessel with permission and are taking her to Ashdod for the transferral of aid to Gaza over land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.