1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Indiana Baptist College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Salty, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I know a but about that one. I went to it for a semester.
    THat was a few years ago.
    To be honest, I am not sure what all is going on now, they just had a huge split and ousted the president of the school.
    I am not sure of details but my dad went down there along with another pastor and was disgusted at the way the conflict was handled.
    They had to go to a civil court to resolve the problems of the college.
    What a testimony to the world?
    As far as the free tuition thing, they started that the year I was there. You have to pay room and board but you get your first year tution free. But it is only for first year students living on campus. I was not on campus so I had to pay tuition.
    It was better than the "degree mills" but it was not what I would call a high class education.
    I think the worst part was the chapel speakers, outside of a few goods ones, most were very ignorant and most were very legalistic.

They were KJVO and IFB.
    They did not have any of the scandals associated with HAC so that much is good.

I don't regret my experience there at all but I wouldn't recommend it either.