1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Individual teachings

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by UnchartedSpirit, Jul 20, 2008.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

I managed to have time in my week to catch another Dr. McGee's Thru the Bible and one commentary he made really convicted me about my lack of Bible study habits. See, like most Christians in "fringe/taboo culture", "red light district", or "gheeto*" oriented regions our main frustration in Bible study is that we develop this fear of not getting straigt answers for our problems and battles, that the rest of them (the Bible Belt) never seem to have a problelm with, and therefore hardly ever really "teach" on the issue. Then I hear Dr McGee talking about his first year in the ministry and how he was afraid to preach to a bunch of elders being so inexpierienced becasue he thourgh there was nothing "new" he could illumen them with. Turns out they still had as much or even less "spiritual maturity" than he had and were greatful for any lesson he brought to him! The point he was making that everyone was dependant of God personally to be able to recieve any and all knowledge pertainig Him and us through his Word. That of course is my paraphrase, but I believe his actual statement is a "yes" answer question to what I'm about to ask, so you'll have to listen to that broadcast here before you answer me yourselves; I believe it was last Monday or Tuesday's. So anyway my inspiration was, could God give knowledge/wisdom to inviduals from the sctriptures that only pertains for that individual, meaning that same "lesson" only applies to him/her and no one esle?

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The interpretation of a passage should be the same but the application of the teaching is individualistic.

Rob