1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Industrial Hemp Production The Revolution America Needs to Prosper

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Mar 25, 2012.

1. targus

targus New Member

It's called sarcasm.

The lizard people from space is just one of the countless conspiracy theories out there.

That one can be found on many of the same websites that include your particular pet conspriacies.

I don't know how old you are but anyone who was of age in the 1970's probably remembers the "Dead Heads" and the "Whole Earth Cataloge" pusing the same stuff about hemp.

Like I said, it isn't anything new.

2. targus

targus New Member

Here are a few other new and innovative ideas that poncho may want to learn about:

Yurts...

Building a wood burning stove out of recycled 55 gallon drums...

Building a wind generator out of recycled auto alternators...

Building a solar collector out of recycled windows and black plastic sheets...

Now those are ideas that will really get the economy moving...

The mind boggles at the new possibilities! :laugh:

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

Wow, sounds great.

Did you know you can smoke it and get high too?

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Dead Heads are fans of The Grateful Dead, who travel all over the country to see every concert.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No, it's called poisoning the well. A propaganda technique used by people to divert attention away from legit facts. Sometimes i's called throwing garbage in the groceries. Throwing garbage in the groceries ruins all the groceries.

The idea is to link the incredible and outlandish with credible facts and information so no one will be willing to look at the credible facts and information.

It's underhanded and dishonest. Which is nothing new here either. It's just another form of lying.

You probably picked up from some "conservative" talk show host. Whatever euphemism you care to label it with it's still lying.

Not to mention your tactics violate BB rules. On several counts.

If you don't want to read my threads. Fine. There are plenty of other threads more to your liking all over the board. Usually you can find one where people are kissing up to the Federal Reserve, or rooting for TSA child molestation (one of your favorites) there's even threads devoted to protecting torture and torturers.

There's lots of threads open for you to discuss things. Yet you come here only to hijack my thread, flame me and act like a fourth grade brat that never had his behind warmed for acting stupid in front of everyone.

#45 poncho, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Willie likes this idea.
    [​IMG]

Granny likes this idea.
    [​IMG]

Baby likes this idea.
    [​IMG]

Even Dick likes this idea.
    [​IMG]

Four out of four, must be a good idea.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Now your spreading a falsehood. But it's okay I doubt you even realize it.

The Hemp Plant

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The hemp plant is harvested for its fibers, seed, seed meal and seed oil.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hemp is a distinct variety of the plant species cannabis sativa L. Due to the similar leaf shape, hemp is frequently confused with marijuana. Although both plants are from the species cannabis, hemp contains virtually no THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), the active ingredient in marijuana. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hemp cannot be used as a drug because it produces virtually no THC [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](less than 1%), where marijuana produces between 5 - 20 % THC.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SOURCE[/FONT]

Thanks for chiming in and showing us how uniformed you are on this subject though. ;)

#47 poncho, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yeah, I was a teenager in the 60's, no way I would know anything about hemp. :laugh:

I knew hemp was grown to make rope when I was a kid.

If you think this is why folks want to grow hemp you are very naive.

9. targus

targus New Member

Yes, I mentioned Dead Heads as a cultural reference to an era in which the same story of the many uses of hemp was proclaimed.

The story of hemp which poncho thinks is new and innovative is neither.

BTW I was not a Dead Head - I much preferred following the MC5 in concert.

Anyone else remeber "Kick Out The Jams"?

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That surprises me. I would have thought you were a Boy George fan.

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

Not a big fan, but I had that album at one time. Back then Led Zeppelin was my group. I saw them live in '73.

Yeah, lots of folks want to grow hemp. I am sure they will be careful not to grow the variety with strong THC content. That would be purely accidental. :laugh:

12. targus

targus New Member

Too funnnnnieee! :laugh:

Hey, you have a sense of humor.

Who would have guessed.? :wavey:

13. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I thought Targus followed the Village People. :laugh:

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I know he spent Saturday nights when them at the YMCA.

15. targus

targus New Member

Yes, working with the gays was once a mission field... sharing the Gospel.

Why do you find that humorous?

Are you ashamed of the Gospel?

16. targus

targus New Member

BTW, I do find it humorous that you would start a thread in which you state, "My problem in being guilty of this is taking a post personally and starting an insult back and forth. I do not set out to troll or create trouble."...

And then three hours later gratuitiously and without provication imply that I am gay. :laugh:

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I did not imply that. I assumed you were sharing the Gospel with the Village People.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is still a mission field, and I work whatever comes along. Not only am I not ashamed of the Gospel, I have a reputation for being, lets say, persistant about it on cold calls.

Yes, and when something irks you, it is very humorous.

#58 saturneptune, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
  19. targus

targus New Member

I am not familiar with that term "hair lips".

Can you clarify?

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What I think is that hemp could help many out of work Americans find work. If a few people want to smoke pot what's that to me? What's that to you?

I care more for the people that are out of work and going hungry because a few rich men want to keep a natural renewable resource like hemp illegal to protect their huge profits.

You all want to talk about drugs instead of hemp production okay, let's talk about drugs then.

I grew up in the sixties also. Drugs were everywhere. I learned about them in fifth grade. Drugs were easy to get, easier than alcohol which we had to wait till we were 18 to legally consume. One could find drugs on any corner at any time.

Now, after spending billions on the drug war drugs are still easy to get. They can be found on just about any street corner. Our kids are still getting high on drugs. The only thing that has changed is the govrnment has grown bigger and become more intrusive as a result. The flow of drugs has actually increased. The potency of the drugs themselves has increased. Some so addictive that after just a few uses one "needs" them.

If you think making drugs illegal and increasing the size and scope of government is going to stop drug use then you are very naive.

People are hurting out there despite the rosey economic outlook the corporate media keeps pushing people still can't find jobs. Those who do have jobs are underemployed and underpaid. Hemp could solve some this by offering a new industry.

But evidently you guys would rather see Americans be out work and going hungry so you can cluck your tongues and say Johnny shouldn't be allowed to smoke a joint. You ain't gonna stop Johnny from getting high if that's what Johnny wants to do.

Your failed war on drugs has proven that. So why not ease up and let Americans have a chance at a brighter future and allow people to grow the non intoxicating hemp?

Who knows maybe your life would be all the richer for it.