1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Indwelling of the holy Spirit

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Deacon, Dec 17, 2010.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Now really kyredneck, where did you come up with this Law business. I have never put forth this gospel. Your below is
    Beautiful words, Wonderful words. There is Life here, but can you show me from above scripture of through faith justification? Would be of help to you to read in Romans, in chapter 4, verses 6 and 7 of Covered Sins.

If you had read the rest of the post you may figured out what I was talking about. For everlasting life Abraham must be saved like all of the rest, and that is contained in what you failed to read, or did not understand. Until Abraham could be SAVED through faith, he like the rest had to wait until the blood of Christ Jesus was shed, as in my post below.

My full post says, "Through Faith was not to be their lot for quite some time. Their sins were covered by the blood sacrifices of animals. This was a temporary thing until the everlasting blood was shed.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and that he was carried away by the angels into Abraham`s bosom: and the rich man also died, and was buried.
    23 And in Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
    24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am in anguish in this flame. ...and so on Lu 16

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day; and he saw it, and was glad. Jn 8:56

Explain to me just how Abraham was not yet saved at the time of Christ?

Heb 10:4 says, For it is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins.

.....and your dead wrong concerning faith. You don't know what you're talking about. The righteous have always lived by faith, OT or NT.

.....but the righteous shall live by his faith. Hab 2:4

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned unto him for righteousness.
    7 Know therefore that they that are of faith, the same are sons of Abraham.
    8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all the nations be blessed.
    9 So then they that are of faith are blessed with the faithful Abraham. Gal 3

#22 kyredneck, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
  3. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Part 1

You must have not understood what I posted.I never said he was not saved. He was saved at the time of his death, and before because he believed God as HE LIVED, and did the works required, and made blood sacrifices to God that were required by all men from the beginning. We today do not have to do any work to be saved. Abraham was saved by the Brace of God, and doing the Works that God at that time required man to do.

You evidently believe Abraham, and Moses, but will not believe what Paul tells you, and he is your only heavenly appointed Apostle. Doesn't Paul inform you that God had a secret? If we believe God then we know it could not be told that the justification of the Gentile would be through faith, and not by faith.

If only those that profess Christ would just spend more time in the book of Acts, (and with Paul) to see the shift toward through faith from by faith! Please turn to Acts 1a5:11 to see what Peter says about the Salvation of we lGentiles."But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."

If we will just allow, God will show us His great Love for just not His own people, but we Gentiles too. God had (even before the beginning) decreed how ALL would be saved, and we see this explained in the dispensational gospel that God gave to Paul. Now, even his very own people can be saved just like us. And How is that. Paul explains it to us in Ephesians, viz. For it is by Grace THROUGH FAITH we are saved, and it is A GIFT from GOD, and no works of man are allowed to try and take credit. Today it is solely by the Grace of God that we are saved.

Wife says we have to get to the grocery store NOW.

4. ituttut

ituttut New Member

PART TWO

And I, like you, believe scripture. But they had to make blood sacrifices to God for this is what God demanded. So those believers were held until Jesus Christ shed His Blood, because they shed the Blood of lAnimals.

God made the first (1st) blood sacrifice for man, and He made the second (last) blood sacrifice for man. You just do not understand what I say, which could very well be because I speak from the dispensational view that was given to Paul. This takes out the mix and match approach, of the Old and the New. They needed to make Blood Sacrifices, and we don't. The Old was temporary, and the New lasts forever. Is not the New much better?
    You are speaking to a different subject here. I agree we live By faith, and I believe I am justified through faith.
    From this corner, scripture is believed, and understood. Translations are split on this verse above (8), some proclaim By faith, and others Through faith. I stand with THROUGH FAITH versions of the Bible on this, in order to not have the Word contradict.

5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I picked this book up as an early present my wife will give me for Christmas. :laugh:

James M. Hamilton, Jr, God's Indwelling Presence: The Holy Spirit in the Old & New Testaments (Nashville, TN: B&H Academic, 2006).

Rob