1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Indwelling/ upon Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by awaken, Apr 9, 2013.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

OK, you admit you can't refute my post.
    I will repeat the ecumenical movement is of satan.
    The ecumenical movement is using the Charismatic movement to push its agenda and one day it will end up being the one world church of the anti-Christ.
    That is why we are given such stern warnings in Scripture as:

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
    15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
    16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    again , the "baptism of the HS" here wouuld have been him placing them into the body of Chrsit, by them receiving thru faith the truth of jesus Christ!

they would have known what John said of the One promised to come, paul would have adressed to them that jesus was that one who did come, and they would have had "believers baptism", and the HS would have worked on them as at pentacost, to confirm that jesus was the messiah!

Again, you keep picking out verses/passages that show what the HS actually did during the transistory period, not what he would be doing going forward as the norm!

3. awaken

awaken Active Member

WHo is lying now?
    Your assumption was ridiculously stated! That the charismatic will bring in the one world church of the antichrist! How can an ANTI christ be part of a church that believes in Christ?

I gave you an example to show how ridiculous your reply was! I was taught the same thing about the catholic church!

Now to get back on topic...since the moderater can not seem to stay on topic...We are suppose to be discussing the indwelling Holy Spirit and the Spirit upon....Do you have anything that you can add to that discussion??

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I also hold to a Universal church, but do NOT hold to your view, for though ALL have partaked of the SAME Holy sparit when saved, we still are commanded to get water, NOT spirit baptized, for How can God ask us to receive again what was already done at salvation?

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think the HS would be involved in a Movement that has among its chief teachers those who espouse heresies, who have damnable doctrines of demons?

Would jesus REALLY be in getting united the Church of Rome with its false gospel, and word of faith heretics, and prosperity gurus with those who do really epouse real biblical thinking as you say the Charasmatic move does?

6. awaken

awaken Active Member

Sorry, but that is suppose to be the norm! We as the church have got way off track! God is bringing us back to what He intended us to be all along! But just like the generation in the wilderness...the unbelieving generation will have to die off first! He is raising up a generation that will believe His Word! I will be a Caleb and a Joshua....I believed his word when HE said it the first time! I will not believe the report of the unbelieving spys! Or in today's language the ones that have see God working now before he believes he can work at all!

NOw back on topic...is there a difference in the indwelling Holy Spirit and the Spirit upon?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What terminology is used by God in the Epistles? those WERE the letters that taught what would be acceptable unto the church going forward, so did paul/John?peter etc mention to the believer to seek that further baptism or not? To look to have the HS fall upon them or not?

Think you will see there are indeed 2 classes of saints...

NOT th way yuo define it, as those having the holy spirit, and those having the 'fulness" but rather those indwelt by Him, and others infilled by Him!

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are deceived. Beware lest you fall into this group:

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

You keep saying: "You cannot take my experiences away from me."
    It is those that claim to have experiences and to be serving Jesus that Christ will say "Depart from me ye that work iniquity."
    Their experiences are leading others astray from Christ, and the true doctrine of the Bible. You are not a Joshua or a Caleb. You are actually denying the Bible.
    You claim certain things are true and then deny them by your life.
    If what you say was true then demonstrate it; give evidence:

Demonstrate the gift of miracles.
    Demonstrate the gift of healing as per Acts 5:16
    Demonstrate the gift of languages.
    --But you can't. Your impotency to demonstrate the very gifts you claim to have is evidence of the hypocrisy of the religion you profess to have.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe the Lord started in 1905 to bring back the NT Church, and that when jesus returns, the church will be same as in acts, healings/miracles/demons cast out etc?

That he finally restored the NT church after some 1900 years?

10. awaken

awaken Active Member

I believe he called out His church and gave them power in Acts to carry out what He started himself! I do not believe as most here that he ever meant for His church to lose power through unbelief!
    I believe he has been trying to get us back on track for a long time! But just as in the wilderness...generations of unbelief had to die off before they could enter in! He has raised up a generation that will believe him!

11. awaken

awaken Active Member

Do you know the will of the Father? Are you doing His will or your own?

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Absolutely. I know what the will of the Father is; I am doing His will.
    I came back from a meeting where a lady in her mid-eighties just trusted Christ as her Savior. I would say that is the Lord's will, and that is my will as well.
    There was no gift of miracles; no gift of languages; no gift of healing.
    But someone did enter into the kingdom of God, and the angels of heaven did rejoice.
    And that is much greater than having a religion where one claims they can do things that they cannot do. :rolleyes:

13. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

That is disrespecting, disparaging, and denying the the great evangelistic and theological work done by faithful Christians who often gave their lives for the Gospel all down through the ages. I can't come up with words to describe how disgusting, reprehensible, and arrogant that is.

The more you talk, the more I realize just how much this charismatic false doctrine is should be despised.

14. awaken

awaken Active Member

THe works that I do you will do greater works! WHat works did he do? DId paul demonstate the word without power?

That is a wonderful thing..someone entering into the KINGDOM of God! I do appreciate my roots in the Baptist church....because they can get you to the cross! Life in Christ is wonderful! IF they would only teach the power of the Holy Spirit and how to recognize and not quench Him!

15. awaken

awaken Active Member

Well, I hope that hatred and bitterness does not blind you!
    I have great respect for those men including the apostles! But my greatest respect goes to the one that laid down His life for me! His Word had been watered down to the point that people sitting on the pews are starving to death for truth! Oh, and did I mention SPIRIT!

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since jesus wanted his church to manifest all those gifts same ways in Acts going forward, prer your own claim, why did the sovereign Lord have to wait 1900 yeras to restore his church back to what he wanted it to be? did satan or unbelief stop him from doing that before?

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
    3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
    4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

When Paul came to Corinth he did not come with signs and wonders. He was not performing miracles in the midst of them. That is not the "power" that he is speaking of here. In fact he says plainly, that in contrast to the false teachers that were in the midst of the Corinthians, he came "in weakness, in fear, in much trembling."
    His speech and preaching "was not with enticing words of man's wisdom."
    It was in the "demonstration of the Spirit and power" of God.
    But nowhere is he speaking of miracles, signs, wonders, healings, etc.

He is speaking of the power of the Word of God spoken through the Spirit of God. Look in Acts 2 and in chapter 4. When Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit then he preached. In chapter 4 when he was filled with the Holy Spirit he spoke the Word of God with boldness. The filling of the Holy Spirit did not bring about miracles but rather the ability to speak the Word of God boldly.

Miracles never led one soul to Christ.
    Abraham told Lazarus that his brothers would not believe even if they saw one that was raised from the dead--the greatest miracle of all.
    He continued to say: "If they believed not the law and the prophets neither would they believe if one rose from the dead."
    The power is in the preaching of the Word. The power is in the Word itself.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

It is the Word that is powerful. Your experiences are lame. They are ineffective. They won't save anyone. It is the Word of God that saves.

When you ask the question what Jesus meant when he said:
    THe works that I do you will do greater works! WHat works did he do?
    He meant that we have a much longer life span than he did (3 years) to preach the gospel, that others might be saved. At the end of the ministry of Christ there were 120 disciples gathered in an upper room. That is all. Just 120!
    I have been in full time service for a length of time that is over 10 times the period that Christ began his ministry. In that period of time multitudes have come to know the Lord, and through those that have come to know the Lord many more have come to know the Lord. These are the works that he was talking about. In comparison to that the "works" of the sign gifts are nothing and irrelevant.

He clearly said that those people who seek after such gifts as miracles belong to a wicked and adulterous generation. Jesus doesn't contradict himself.
    But the angels in heaven rejoice when one soul enters into the kingdom of heaven.
    Which group are you in? The one that brings joy to heaven or the other?

18. awaken

awaken Active Member

Demonstration with Power!

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The power of the Word of God through the Spirit of God.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prophet isaiah stated that God said that His WORD will not return void to Him, it will accomplish that which he sent it forth to do!

jesus said that his generation were an evil and adultrous look, kept looking for signs, but only One he would give os his resurrection!

paul preached the Cross and the resurrection, what else is there missing to preach and teach on?

again, why does revelation record NO MENTION of last times church doing those great signs and wonder, only the antichrist/false prophet and their ilk?

you would think that IF 1905 was restoring the church to Acts again, the scriptures would say ANYTHING for us in end days going that stuff!