1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Infallibility or Ecumenical Error?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by jimraboin, Sep 15, 2002.

1. LaRae

LaRae Guest

Jim,

More than one person has answered your questions. You disregard the replies and continue on with the same thing....now you have expanded the subject even further.

If you can't understand what papal infallibility is based on this whole thread then I don't know that anyone will be able to explain it to you.

LaRae

2. jimraboin

jimraboin Guest

Isn't there anyone who can give me the definition of hatred from the Catholic view?

Jim

3. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

Jim, is there a particular reason why you are unwilling or unable to answer my very direct, simple, and relevant questions on a topic which you started?

4. LaRae

LaRae Guest

This is silly....are you suggesting that Baptists, Church of Christ, Assembly of God etc all have differet definitions of what hate means?

Also....why don't you answer other peoples questions?

LaRae

5. jimraboin

jimraboin Guest

Silly or not, LaRae, in order to see things from the same vantage point, it is not unreasonable to ask for a Catholic definition of hatred. How do you define it in Catholic terms?

Jim

6. LaRae

LaRae Guest

Jim,

I am not going to play this game with you. I've already seen you dance your way around this whole thread, refusing to acknowledge the replies, refusing to answer other people's questions and yet asking more....then chiding them when they don't answer you.

LaRae

7. jimraboin

jimraboin Guest

LaRae,

You obviously don't know the Catholic definition of hatred. If you would refer to my original post, you would easily see that hatred is the central theme. You have asked many questions that are irrelevant to that theme and now are getting emotional because you can't get me off track. Childish! Stick to issues. Let's get beyond this petty stuff and have a mature conversation. How hard is it to provide one definition?

Jim

8. trying2understand

Irrelevant.

I repost the following for you.

"and finally that the validity of the Divine guarantee is independent of the fallible arguments upon which a definitive decision may be based, and of the possibly unworthy human motives that in cases of strife may appear to have influenced the result. It is the definitive result itself, and it alone, that is guaranteed to be infallible, not the preliminary stages by which it is reached."

Ron [​IMG]

9. jimraboin

jimraboin Guest

Ron,

Still doesn't show me what Catholic definition of hatred is. If you cannot provide this one definition, how am I to find credible any of your assertions?

Jim

10. trying2understand

strawman

11. jimraboin

jimraboin Guest

Say what you will, Ron, but it still doesn't provide a definition of hatred. Do you need me to define it for you?

Jim

12. Son of Coffee Man

Son of Coffee Man New Member

Are you saying "the ends justifies the means"?

SoCM

13. jimraboin

jimraboin Guest

Exactly. If the ends justifies the means, then abortion is not so bad because the end result is that the mother is better off. Doesn't matter who died in the process.

Jim

14. trying2understand

Are you saying "the ends justifies the means"?

SoCM
    </font>[/QUOTE]No.

15. trying2understand

Jim, you are grasping for staws.

I suggest you start over and show me the entire final declaration of the Council as a means of supporting your erroneous conclusions as to what doctrine was being declared.

BTW, I am sure that I am not the only one noticing your absolute lack of response to any of my repeated and repeated and repeated questions.

Wondering what the problem might be. :confused:

16. jimraboin

jimraboin Guest

The problem, Ron, is when I provide a definition you claim I am ignorant of Catholic definition. So in fairness I have asked you one simple question. Please provide Catholic definition of hate.

Do it so we can continue.

Jim

17. trying2understand

Strawman, Jim. We are talking about doctrine.

18. jimraboin

jimraboin Guest

Ron,

Doesn't matter how you try to get around things, you are still not providing me with one simple Catholic definition. What is hatred?

You are not giving all the non-Catholic's here a good picture of truth. If you would only remember that others are making decisions based upon your reactions, then you would take this more seriously.

I'm ready when you are. Please define.

Jim

19. trying2understand

Jim, if hatred, in any sense of the word, is not the defined doctrine, the definition does not matter. I will not chase wild geese.

BTW, where are the answers to the questions that I have asked of you many times long before your latest diversion.

If you wish to continue in this discussion with me, I am requiring you to answer them in some fashion. If not, I will no longer participate.

Does your church allow Jews who do not accept Christ to be members? If not, why? Hatred?

Does your church observe Passover? If not, why? Hatred?

Would your church allow a person who observes Sabbath starting a sundown on Friday as a member? If not, why? Hatred?

Do you still believe that "oppressed in silence", in your original post to another thread, means that some person was kept silent?

Looking forward to your response.

Ron [​IMG]

20. jimraboin

jimraboin Guest

Ron,

Doctrine would be defined as "teaching". Can one "teach" hatred? Sure. So how do we know what love is if we can't define hate?

Please define hate according to your understanding of Catholic teaching.

Jim