1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Infants in Heaven

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jun 30, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

How can the unborn exercise faith?

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same way you can, by the sovereign act of God. If it requires something else, then it's another gospel.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Since faith comes by hearing (understanding), at what point is the Gospel sent to the unborn child via the umbilical cord?

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not a carnal understanding, it is a spiritual understanding.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It cannot be separated. Like a human is made up of body and spirit and cannot be separated. Understanding is understanding, and requires the mental faculty to do so. The Gospel is required...when does the Gospel make it's way down the umbilical cord?

#265 webdog, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the spiritual is carnal and the carnal is spiritual.

Stunning.

Got any Scripture for that?

True.

#266 Aaron, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  7. jcjordan

jcjordan New Member

So, how much mental faculty does it take? I find it interesting how you've said that hearing is the same thing as understanding.

8. Josh the Baptist

Site Supporter

Makes you wonder if the reason God chose not to reveal much on this subject was due to the reluctancy of adults to see a child's need for salvation. Ever heard of "the age of accountability"? Even worse, there are those who think that it is a certain age. I had a young girl tell me it was the age of twelve, so there is a lot of crazy ideas surrounding children and salvation. If we knew without a doubt that infants were safe then it might cause some parents to mentally stretch that security to an age were not legitimate.

For example: Little Johnny turned five today. He's such a sweet boy. Surely he would go to heaven if he died now.

The sad thing is that many adults continue with this view of their children even in their adult years. Churches have really dropped the ball when dealing with children about salvation. It would probably be even worse if the question at hand was cut and dry.

There is a reason why God chose not to reveal an absolute answer concerning infants. The best thing we can do is take what He has revealed and apply it so that He may be glorified.

I personally believe infants go to heaven. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong! There's nothing we can do about their salvation anyway, they're infants! We can't even share the gospel with them in a way they'd understand. I trust that my Lord is a just God in the matter and when we reign with Him we'll know and understand.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Only God knows that. Why does one human walk at 6 months, and another at 18 months? Why does one human speak in full sentences at 9 months (my son), and another can barely say "mama" (my daughter) at 19 months?
    If hearing is not understanding, you have real problems with "...and hearing from the Word of God". Does our physical hearing come from God's Word?

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You got Scripture for a carnal understanding and separate spiritual understanding? You made the claim, burden of proof is on you.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a copout.

Correction, YOU made the claim that spiritual and carnal understanding are one and the same.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...AFTER you made your claim. I take it you have none, so there is no reason to provide Scripture on my end to refute something that cannot be proven from your end.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're copping out. All I need is one verse from you that might hint that the natural man can receive the things of God.

14. FlyForFun

FlyForFun New Member

Why does one person thrive on hairsplitting....?
    :BangHead:

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Like what?

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How can I be copping out for not supplying proof to something that is blatantly false with nothing to back it? No copping out needed.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And with that gem I leave you to your vain contemplations.:wavey:

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Which part of you... the carnal or the spiritual?

19. grainofwheat

grainofwheat New Member

Back to the topic.

If you see the O/T model of Moses,Joshua, and Caleb and the earthly promised land as a type of the Heavenly Promised Land with Jesus then here is something to consider.
    All people under 20 years old in the wilderness with Moses got a free pass into the earthly promised land with Joshua.[ Numbers 32:10-13 ]

I am not qualified to judge the soul of another. [ Romans 14:4 ]
    There is One Judge and Lawgiver and His name is Jesus.[ James 4:12 ]