1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Info on Myrtle Beach?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by BM, Mar 6, 2005.

1. BM

BM New Member

We are planning on going to S.C. on vacation in June and was wondering if some of you sweet people from over that way might have some tips for me.
    Should we reserve rooms ahead of time? Know of a good place to stay thats reasonable? Exciting places to go? What is the best way to get around after arriving? Etc.....

Thanks, Becky

2. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Have not got a clue . . . I only live here. LOL. Sorry. I've been here on and off 4 years for college and now live here, but still have never made it to Myrtle Beach.

But stop by BJU on your way (or your way back? LOL) and I'll make you a cup of tea, coffee, or what have you. :D

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you're planning Myrtle, and you don't have reservations NOW, it's probably too late; unless Providence grants you a cancellation slot!

Normally you have to reserve at least 5-6 months in advance at MB, as it is a very, very busy and packed place in the summer.

You might want to check & verify that it is not "Biker Week" when you're planning to go. In addition to all the normal traffic, there are hundreds & hundreds of two-wheelers everywhere.

My family has been going there for the past 30+/- years, & last couple of years we've gone to Charleston, SC instead. Much, much nicer quiter, and more civilized.

However, if MB's your goal, good luck!

4. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

The Dixie Stampede is a great show with great food. If I remember right, it is in North Myrtle Beach.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

North Myrtle.

Or go up into North Carolina.

6. BM

BM New Member

Thanks for your advice........maybe I will try North Myrtle Beach.

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

If you don't want the hub bub and built up stuff, try Oak Island in NC, near North Myrtle.