1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Infrastructure Repairs Before Health Care...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Oct 1, 2009.

1. alatide

alatide New Member

Show that you're serious. refuse to pay taxes or obey any laws set up by the federal government. Don't accept any aid from them like Medicare or Social Security. I'll applaud that because you'll make it more likely for me to collect.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

I thought if you were really spiritual, you wouldn't collect it...so the poor people would get it?

Now you're confusing us.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, if millions were put back to work repairing our dangerous infra-stucture situations, those millions doing the work would be able to afford health insurance. Not to mention those lives which were saved by said repairs.

HankD

4. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

I was really confused by your reply. Then I realized that you don't have the brains of a school of cod.
    WHERE did I say NOT to pay taxes? This was where I was confused until I realized you have no reading comprehension.
    S.S.? Ha!
    Older people like me will suck it all out. You ain't getting cod guts.:tongue3:

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    alatide, there is another issue with this assumption that the Health Care Bill though it may allow all to be treated would treat all with equity.

We really don't know just who would be eligible for the best heart treatment if the Health Care Bill actually passes.

Version 5 is now being thrashed out (maybe v. 6.0 by now).

It is possible, maybe even likely, that the rate of death due to cardio-vascular disease will increase after the bill is enacted because, in fact, certain demograhics will make a preference over those who have a higher "social investment value" a "greater chance of treatment success" and therefore a higher Return On Investment (ROI).

These are all concepts of the various advisors to whom our president listens. He himself said that hard decisions would have to be made.

We want to be allowed to see and read the final bill to discern to what extent this advice is being taken.

Our elite leaders have decided on one hand that we could not understand the bill.

Now we are being told that we will not be allowed to see the final version of the Bill before it is voted upon because it would take too long to put it on-line.

So, the time cannot be taken for us to be able to see a bill which will deeply affect all Americans and their generations to come and our way of life into perpetuity until after it passes?

What happened to "we the people"?

What happened to the government "of the people, by the people, for the people"?

HankD

#45 HankD, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now Ain't That the Kettle....

Calling the kettle "black?" Again, you need serious help. Leave your home post haste [immediately] and report to your local Urgent Care. Help is free for the indigent:laugh:.

7. alatide

alatide New Member

No. If you're a Christian you'll try to help the poor.

8. targus

targus New Member

That is his point - if you are a Christian that practices what he preaches you would not collect social security but rather leave the money for those in more need of it than yourself.

Isn't that your plan?

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, the expectation of steadily observing the sky to see, and listening for the "OINKS", of porcine aviators!!!

Will my patience be rewarded???:sleep:

Am I in for disappointment???:tear:

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Thanks for the insight. I called my church and told them I was giving my tithe to Washington because that's the only way alatide said I could "be a Christian." :rolleyes:

When you question Christianity is questioned based on their view of government healthcare...that's when I can be sure you have flipped your ever-lovin' lid.

Thank you. I'm glad someone is bright enough to see the obvious.

11. alatide

alatide New Member

There will come A DAY when this won't seem very funny to you.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

RD... RD... Now that would have been the day.

I disagree, the plan to fix the roads and bridges and to put America back to work doing the work American needs done is in motion and doesn't need the POTUS micro managing the progress. We are no longer loosing 700K jobs per month and we all know how long it takes bureaucracy to get a dollar to actually produce work.

The GOP didn't want to spend a nickel to rebuild America. In fact, you are one of the ones who said it was a dumb idea that would never work. Now you're complaining that it's taking too long to implement? Are you still suggesting a tax cut would have put America back to work faster?

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

Well, if things aren't funny, I can always read your posts for a good laugh.