1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Insight into me

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Luke2427, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats a laugh....the insecurity is your own coupled with your own desire to be relevant. If Luke stumbles because of a desire to get a historical education in order to break out of ignorance, I applaud his effort.

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You are not the only one. This reminds me of the song, "You're so vain I bet you think this song is about you."

But I will say you are the POSTER BOY for this error here on baptistboard.

If you could just apply this to yourself, there'd be hope for you. But you think you have this corn pone brilliance and that God himself speaks to you. This is what has caused you to be so invincibly and dangerously ignorant for so many years.

You think college is a bad thing because SOME colleges are bad. It is this kind of simple-mindedness that blinds you.

God also gave us gifted teachers to help us understand the Scriptures.

He also gave the Scriptures in GREEK and HEBREW. Do you know Greek and Hebrew? Because the unlearned men you often reference from the New Testament were FLUENT in Greek and Hebrew.

He also gave the Scriptures in a particular historical context? Can you get that context without extrabiblical sources?

He also did not hammer out the great doctrines of the Bible like the Trinity IN THE BIBLE. He left the material there for men to work out for the next three hundred years.

If he had hammered out hypostasis, the Trinity, responsibility and Sovereignty, etc... IN THE BIBLE no one could carry a copy of it. It would be too voluminous.

Winman, your pride in this corn pone wisdom you think you have far exceeds the pride of any young seminarian on earth.

But you are too proud to see how proud you are.

#22 Luke2427, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
  3. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

Luke posted, "You are not the only one. This reminds me of the song, "You're so vain I bet you think this song is about you."

Uh, Luke, the narcissism has run amok. I.E., the title of your OP. Just saying. :)

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Are you saying that we should NOT open ourselves up unto the members of baptistboard?

Are you saying that we should not ever speak of ourselves on baptistboard and that if we do we are "vain"??

Seriously?

5. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

Luke, maybe you need to cut down on caffeine. I put a smiley at the end. I just saw the irony that you missed, I guess. Must be my upbringing. :)

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

When you specifically named me several times in threads you started, yes, I did believe the song was about me. I bet you wish folks would write threads about you. :thumbsup:

I interpret the scripture literally and do not let others tell me how to think.

This is an unbelievable statement coming from a hyper-Calvinist. You think I am teaching dangerous error? WOW.

Aren't you the one who was complaining about hippies? Don't you know that all that rebellion and unpatriotic behavior came from our colleges?

Someday you are going to discover that religious institutions also teach much error to simple minded folks like YOU.

Unfortunately many of these gifted teachers teach pure error.

And yet Greek scholars disagree with each other constantly. Knowing Greek has never resulted in Bible scholars agreeing on doctrine has it?

No, but a person doesn't have to go to college for these resources either.

You are mistaken of my view of college. I went to college, and believe it or not, I had nearly a 4.0 average in my classes. I will put my grades up against yours any day of the week. You will lose.

I believe in the Trinity, not because of some bible college, but because the scriptures say THE NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost (Mat 28:19). I believe in the Trinity because of the scriptures, not because someone told me to believe it like you.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No sir. You interpret the Scripture in any way that suits you and you do not let people smarter than you HELP you think.

I am not a hyper-calvinist. But you don't know what that is so there's no point in me trying to help you understand the difference. You can't be taught.

You LITERALLY believe that God can relinquish his power and knowledge. You LITERALLY believe that God did his best to beat Jacob in a wrestling match and just couldn't pull it off.

You are THE MOST DANGEROUS type of Christian on earth.

Yes. Simple-mindedness.

Since hippies run many colleges ALL colleges are bad.

Ridiculously ignorant.

And many of them correct error like the severe error you so often posit.

They agree for the most part. That's how we got the King James Bible and all other versions.

I didn't say that a person did.

Not in theology. Anybody on baptistboard would obliterate you. I promise.

It was not a Bible college that hammered out the doctrine of the Trinity.

And you don't even get to use the TERM Trinity because you despise the process that created that term.

And the one verse you supply is NOT a comprehensive teaching on the Trinity.

You see, you deflect. You are invincibly arrogant.

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Luke, you are a pretty smart fella, but you try too hard. You think I am your enemy, someday you might realize I am one of the best friends you ever had.

Read the scriptures and ask God to give you their true interpretation. If you mean business, God will show you the truth.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ohhh yea......LMBO!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

This thread's turned into a duel of insults played out in public.

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Winman, you think God speaks to you.

You think you don't need help from the body of Christ past and present.

You think because Peter was unlearned that it is ok for all theologians to be unlearned. But you fail to understand that one needs a seminary education just to get CLOSE to Peter's knowledge of Greek, Hebrew, Theology and historical backgrounds of New Testament books.

This ignorance leads you to say things that are TERRIBLE.

And you just can't say that I only say that because you are non-cal. I have tremendous respect for the opinions of many non-cals. I demonstrate that on this very site.

It is not because you are not a Calvinist that I say this. It is because you are dangerous to yourself and ANYBODY who might take you seriously.

You are dangerous BECAUSE you think God tells you in your heart what the Scripture means.

You are dangerous because you do not understand what ALMOST EVERY OTHER PERSON ON BAPTISTBOARD UNDERSTANDS: that God gave us teachers for a reason. That tremendous extrabiblical study is required just to get CLOSE to where the Early Church was in their knowledge of original languages, theological issues and historical contexts.

But your ignorance is not what makes you dangerous. It is this amazing arrogance that drives you to speak with the authority of a scholar.

If anybody takes you seriously, and I am sure some people in your family or church do, you are going to lead them astray TERRIBLY.

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, Luke likes to start threads and say stuff like this

I have never started a thread like this, Luke has actually started threads like this numerous times. No one ever calls him out.

I actually responded with humor, but very few seem to have a sense of humor here.

Whatever, let Luke carry on, I can handle it.

13. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

The important point is that I have not MISREPRESENTED you.

I am not saying you believe things that you do not believe.

You ADMIT to believing these things.

14. Winman

Winman Active Member

Luke, why don't you let folks decide for themselves if I am spreading dangerous error or not? Why are you so afraid of me?

Fact is, I almost always present detailed scripture to support my views, and explain how I interpret these scriptures. Almost never does anyone come back and say I interpreted falsely. You actually have criticized me for believing "what scripture says" which is laughable. You are right, I interpret scripture for what it says. When the scriptures say God appeared as a man to Jacob and they wrestled, and that Jacob would not let go until the Lord blessed him, I believe that LITERALLY.

You are the one who is constantly saying that scripture doesn't mean what it says. You really should give that some serious thought.

Luke, folks don't need you to tell them what to believe. I will present my views, you present yours, and let the chips fall where they may. People are pretty smart, they will figure out the truth.

15. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Who said I was afraid of you?

I am concerned about anyone who takes you seriously. Romans 16 speaks of those who "deceive the hearts of the simple." Those are the people I am afraid for.

Both of those statements are PATENTLY false. You copy and paste Scripture with little to NO exegesis with NO concern for immediate context, book context, historical context and how the passage fits into the context of the whole of Scripture.

People call you on this ALL OF THE TIME.

No I have not. I criticize you for conveniently using the surface meaning of a verse pulled out of context to suit your purposes.

That is what you do. And you do this more than anybody I have ever SEEN.

When a passage on its surface teaches something contrary to what you believe ALL OF THE SUDDEN you cry "FIGURATIVE!!! HYPERBOLE!!!" When anyone does that with any passage you provide you play this "I JUST BELIEVE THE BIBLE!" card.

It is TERRIBLE the way you do this.

Who doesn't? But I asked you a few days ago if that meant to you that God was trying to beat Jacob in that wrestling match and just couldn't and you answered "YES".

I have never said that. I said many scriptures require context. Taking them out of their context and using them for what you make them appear to say outside of their context is BY NO MEANS saying what the Scripture says.

16. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I just wanted to thank you for what you said to me in my "Alcohol" thread. I didn't get a chance to before it was closed.

Okay, now back to Friday Night Fights.

#36 Thomas Helwys, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
  17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bravo, Bravo :thumbs::applause:

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why not have a debate "between" ourselves, instead of "about" ourselves.
    That would be much more edifying.
    Doctrine edifies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.