1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Inspiration

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Askjo, Jun 21, 2003.

?
  1. Do you believe that the KJV is inspired?

100.0%
  2. Do you believe that the KJV is the inspired Word of God?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

This is the proper exegetical method since Paul wrote theopneustos. In order to understand fully God's word, you must first understand the words that he used. This idea that limits the word of God to the minds of 17th century translators is an affront to God's word.

Of the major English translations, the only literal translation of this verse is the NIV. How's that for ironic ...

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Istherenotacause writes:
    &gt;&gt;I use something as general and you take it personal. You have
    &gt;&gt;taken what I've said and made it as if I directed at you.

Well.............you quoted me. If it was not "directed" at me, then why did you quote me?
    Nevertheless, your have amplified your statement, so as far as I am concerned, it is water under the bridge.

&gt;&gt;The esv? calvin? Ha! inspired by whom might be better to ask.

Captain Kirk, I certainly hope you are joking with this statment.

&gt;&gt;I won't consider the question any further, I might get ACCUSED
    &gt;&gt;of "HIJACKING" the thread!

Huh? That is twice that I have seen you post that statement (once in another forum).

[ June 26, 2003, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Baptist in Richmond ]

3. aefting

aefting New Member

Don't forget the ESV!

4. Istherenotacause

Istherenotacause New Member

I'm just having a little fun with that about hijacking. Some one accused me of it in here and that same person I recall advised a young Christian to "hijack" his Sunday School class by interupting through asking questions as that being his intention.("Sad commentary", huh, Doc?)

O.K., who inspired the translating of the esv? Also, who inspired calvin to make his exegesis?

Of course the LORD inspired holy men as they were moved by the Spirit, but weren't these men then translators of the prompting of God? IOW, does the LORD only speak in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek? No. I don't think so.

5. Istherenotacause

Arti, I hope you can folow your own advice, I feel inspired to tell you that. [​IMG]

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    "God-breathed" also is the rendering of The Message, which is on the opposite end of the formal-dynamic scale from the ESV.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stuck in your craw a long time, eh? Interesting tactic when one has no other recourse. I can understand why you're doing it here, too. Before you are gone for good.

I've not only accused you, I have vowed to stop you from doing so.

"Hijacking" is trying to make every thread about every version or passage into an attack by the KJVO sect against God's Word. That is the tactic, since they have never shown one verse of support for their interpretation.

Not going to be allowed. [​IMG]

8. Askjo

Askjo New Member

No, they are different. Ruckmanites believe the KJV is inspired. Is the KJV better than original texts? That's why 2 questions are not same meaning.

9. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Inspiration refers to the Scriptures (words), not authors.

10. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Correct!

11. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Originally posted by Askjo:
    &gt;&gt;Inspiration refers to the Scriptures (words), not authors.

Divinely Inspired words from the Divine Inspiration would be produced in print by Divinely Inspired authors.....

12. Istherenotacause

Stuck in your craw a long time, eh? Interesting tactic when one has no other recourse. I can understand why you're doing it here, too. Before you are gone for good.

I've not only accused you, I have vowed to stop you from doing so.

"Hijacking" is trying to make every thread about every version or passage into an attack by the KJVO sect against God's Word. That is the tactic, since they have never shown one verse of support for their interpretation.

Not going to be allowed. [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I am not KJVO, bob and also I am not trying to turn every thread into a KJVO vs mv debate. That is what you are trying to tempt me into and have erroneously accused me. For a moderator you certainly are making yourself look bad. How about sticking to the topic and get your personal feelings out of the conversation! I apologize to you for blocking your fence straddling website in regards to its alluding to sexual acts and bar scenes, mocking sin and making fun of drunkards, but I won't lift that block of your daily e-mail and I won't tolerate what you have been inspired to do.

13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you post a poll, bud, it should be one or more questions with a choice of answers, not a choice between 2 questions and no answers.

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I think we've seen enough.