1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Intellectual or inspired learning?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ajg1959, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Good post JC

I am sorry, I will back off of the board for a few days and cool down.

I got aggravated at a couple of folks on here that were trying to push their knowledge on me. I appreciate knowledge, and I want to have more of it, but, these folks kept pushing when my basic understanding of the Bible said no.

One BB member kept starting thread after thread calling me out about a basic bible principle that I believe.....she wouldnt let it go, even after i said I was done discussing it.

Well. I am done, and I apoligise for starting this thread.....it went off into a direction I didnt intend it to.

AJ

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I know AJ is talking about me and this is not correct. AJ, you raised a point, actually an accusation, on the bible versions thread and then refused to look at the responses to it. Your 'basic bible principle' has to do with MVs and your belief that they are changing God's word.

I did not "start thread after thread," as you claim. I started one other thread on the same topic because the thread had been hijacked by KJVOs. So please do not make yourself sound like a victim. You brought it on. Not only that, but you wrote a very sneering derogatory post to me, for which you have not apologized.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

The best bible teacher I've ever known never went to seminary, had no formal christian education, other then simply studying and putting the time and effort into it. The pastor, who had been to seminary, said he (the teacher) taught some of his subjects on a seminary level, and was one of the very best teachers he'd ever seen.

There are people here who would like you to think this. Becasue they speak proper english and never misspell a word, they know God so much more intimately then the rest of us.
    I think possibly what AJ has been saying is that the Holy Spirit si the one who does the teaching, and we each, if your saved, have the indwelling Holy Spirit. Our knowledge of God comes from Him, not a professor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.