1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Intentional KJV wars

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Boanerges, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

I have been reviewing all the threads on here that are battles over the KJV. I really do not get it. Why all the fuss? If people are zealous for the KJV and read it, and practice the principles that are written in it, why start threads to try and engage them. You already know what their response is going to be, and then another battle ensues.It is appearing to be kind of loveless so to speak, and I thought that I was the only loveless person posting on this forum. :D This is actually starting to raise my self view now. :eek: The KJV is a beautiful translation, done by some of the best scholars of the day. It has the salvation message complete with all of the factual data needed to live and preach the Gospel. If people are zealous for it, in a time when many do not even pick up their Bibles, then I have no problem with it, and nothing to prove to any of them.I started a thread about the Message, and I caught flack, while this place is becoming KJV palooza. [​IMG] Which is the bigger threat?

2. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Most participants of the BB probably spend more time on the BB than reading the Bible! And therein may lie the beginning of the root of the problem.

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are no problems until the advocates of a certain doctrine start dissing someone else's choice of Bible version(s), or declare, "MY version is the ONLY valid translation;all others are counterfeit" or something similar.

I believe we are absolutely entitled to ask those advocates to PROVE their statements, and we who ask for such proof sometimes get more hateful than we should because we get upset when those advocates deliver all sortsa spin w/o answering the simple requests for PROOF. I sometimes wonder how many of them worked as excuse-makers & spin doctors for Bill Clinton.

I am not excusing myself; I sometimes grow angry and ask myself, "How can that person be so STUPID?" Then I come back to earth & realize "I" was acting just as stupid by going off on someone.

But the KJVO issue isn't just gonna go away overnight unless Christ returns shortly. The devil has accomplished what he intended-dividing the brethren, causing attacks upon many English bible versions, splitting churches, etc.

I don't GUESS that the KJVO doctrine is wrong...I KNOW it is! This knowledge is based upon the FACT that there's NO SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for any one-versionism of any sort, and the FACT that no two manuscripts are alike, and that no two Bible translations are alike. Some are better than others, and that's as close as we're gonna get in this world.

The great KJVO debate is gonna go on, & we may as well get useta it. What I and everyone should stick with in these discussions is basing all our arguments on SCRIPTURE.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I myself type quite rapidly, and I often consult the Bible as I post. On days off work, I often take care of my ebusiness & take time out from that work to post on a message board.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am closing this as promised - all threads on the topic of KJVO from either side are going to be closed until folks cool off and treat each other with respect and decency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.