1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Interesting feature on poltergeists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Born_in_Crewe, May 26, 2008.

1. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

This would be my belief. Otherwise, if not demons, what would they be? The only ohter thing would be that ghosts are actually ghosts, spirits of the dead. Which would be anti biblical.

3. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

That's true, and furthermore, the ''spirit'' in the story is clearly evil, not good or neutral. Some ghosts are actually harmless, but this is perhaps because it generally suits Satan to make ghosts seem harmless and therefore spirits of dead humans, rather than evil spirits. There are also many cases I have read about where the ghosts seem more likely to be demons.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Paul says that the altar of idols is in fact the altar of demons. Even though we know that idols are merely "rocks" and the one true God is not behind them -- the fact that pagans "think" they are gods and worship the gods they represent - opens a door for Satan to step in as "the god" they would have worshipped since they reject the instruction of the "one true God".

That is why this "nothing more than rock" thing is such a problem -- it opens a door for satan.

The same is true with the idea of "consulting the dead" condemned in Isaiah 8:19 AND YET practiced by Catholics, Hindus, Budhists, spiritists etc.

They are opening a door to satan through something that "does not exist" except in the minds of the practitioners. And then the "reality" of the demon can shine through since there is no "other reality" there to block him.

Sad -- but that is level to which Satan has mankind duped.

in Christ,

Bob

5. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

Catholics “consult” the dead? New to me… me thinks you are confused with what the term “consult” means and how if at all the term should be applied to asking a Saint in heaven, that’s not dead by the way, but alive to pray for us.

First you wrongly apply Isaiah 8:19 to the situation. To “consult” someone would be to seek information…you know like a “consulting company”.

Second if I were to ask BobRyan to pray for me, am I “consulting” BobRyan to gain information from BobRyan? NO, I’m simply asking BobRyan to pray for me, I could really care less what BobRyan thinks of the situation or what his opinion is, all I want is BobRyan’s prayers. If I wanted an opinion I'll write Ann Landers…ho hum…

InXC
    -

6. Samuel Owen

Samuel Owen New Member

I have long held that ghosts, poltergeist, aliens, demons, seen by people are just that; demons. You get what you asked for, and see the same. The verse below pretty well explains ghosts of people away, and anyone who believes in God should recognize this fact.

Ec:12:7: Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

By the way; this was taken from an interesting passage that starts at 12:1, its about the aging of man.