1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Interesting quote on Church music

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have my own personal "likes" and "dislikes" in connection with church music.

And so does everybody else.

But who gives a flying flip?

If the song exalts God and is pleasing to God and if He is pleased with the musician's or singer's or congregation's offering of it...

...then that is what is important.

It ain't "church" music. It's "God" music.

And it can be sung or played anywhere. When we confine it to the sanctuary and man's traditions, we lay claim to controlling it according to our tastes.

I, myself, and probably everyone on this board, no matter what your personal preference for Godly music, has misused the area of music and song and displeased God in our deciding what God will and will not impressed with.

He is not to be impressed. There's no singer or instrument or congregation or choir who can impress Him.

He is to be exalted. And an acapella solo can do it. Handel's Messiah can do it. Drums can do it. Electric guitars can do it. An off-key tenor in the choir can do it. "Amazing Grace" can do it. Audio Adrenal's "Never Gonna Be As Big As Jesus" can do it.

It not what pleases our musical palette or tickles our ears.

It's a question of this. Am I pleasing God with my lifting up of this song? Do others understand God's Supremacy and Sovereignity with this song?

I am pleasing Him?

It not a question of does this music pacify me.

Peace-

YSIC
    Scarlett O.
    <><

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

I agree with you Scarlett

3. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

[​IMG] That's a BIG AMEN Crusader

quote:C1611- Ya, but they didn't have the 60's sexual revolution rock and roll back then either to taint their Christian music

christian "rock" is most definitely an oxymoron..just the style of the music itself appeals primarily to the flesh...been there,done that...still have to guard myself from being caught up in it.Doesn't matter WHAT lyrics you put with it.

Greg Sr. [​IMG] [​IMG]