1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Interfaith Youth Core

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gina B, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What do you think of this organization?

Is it a good idea for people to try to understand and accept other people despite their beliefs, or is it harmful to Christianity? Doesn't it sound weird to say it would be harmful to Christianity to try to understand and accept others? It does, but on the other hand, just how far can one logically go without compromising his/her own beliefs?

http://www.ifyc.org/

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's the "accepting" part that gets me. If something is sinful to me, why should I accept it? If you want to believe what you want to believe, go for it but I'm not going to embrace your beliefs or think that they are equally valid with the Gospel.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I don't know if they go that far...I'm still poking about the website. It sounds decent, but so do a lot of things until you really get into them. Or they start out great, and then end up turning into their own religious movements instead.
    I don't have a problem with humans as one standing up for things that are right, not being jerks to each other based on religious beliefs. That's normal, and so far, people are killing each other instead or treating other people pretty awful. It looks like maybe this group is trying to stamp out that type of thinking.
    Is that good? Sure.
    Is that as far as they're going, or is that even what it's really about? I haven't learned enough to know.

It's sure got me curious though.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I was saved through a similar "interfaith" organization that worked on the campuses of universities. I got involved with them. When the Lord eventually led me to an IFB church they (the interfaith organization) gave me a choice: leave your church and join us, or join your church and leave us. They really weren't a pro-local church group.
    Doctrine divides.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That is what I'm concerned about, DHK. I don't want someone I care about getting involved and thinking it is a good thing, and having it look wonderful and great, then finding out they have their own doctrines or something and having it be a type of church in and of itself.

I've seen it before and don't want to walk around saying "evil, run" about everything, and granted, this really does look good at first glance, but a couple little word uses here and there threw up tiny little caution flags.