1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

INTERNATIONAL BIBLE COLLEGE

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by kaye, Nov 18, 2004.

1. kaye

kaye New Member

There is a new Bible college that been started on long Island NY. It is a ministry of the local church the international baptist church. It was a vision of our pastor to start a college in the north east, to train people to reach the northeast as well as the world. We have 4 year programs, 2 year programs, and a 1 year bible certificate. Correspondence courses are also avaliable. We are located in historic stony brook on a 12 acre campus. If anyone has an questions for me please write me back! [​IMG]
    Thank you!!!!! International Bible College

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good to have another college, but have to wonder at the need for another one named International Bible college.

There's one in Canada, one in Alabama, and one in AZ, one in Tokyo, one in Texas, one in MO, one that doesn't list an address, one for the deaf and an internet one and I'd guess others as well. Then there's New Covenant IBC, New Life IBC, Compassion IBC, ACTS IBC, Christian Life IBC, Wesley IBC and that was only page four of over fifty pages of hits on Google :)

Hope the school doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

I was in a church with two other friends. All of us had gone to Western Bible Institute, I was then a student at Western Baptist Bible College and they were both students at Western Conservative Baptist Seminary in Portland - talk about confusion when one of us talked about someone we knew at Western.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What kind of programs does this "college" offer? Are its programs reconized by the State or by Accrediting agencies?

Core classes
    Bible
    Liberal Arts

Library
    Faculty
    Sports
    Arts
    Music
    Drama
    Dorm life
    Ministry op

All of these comprise a total EDUCATION and many little local-church ministries want a college but rob students of the blessing of a real college experience.

I will be interested to see what this school has. Never heard of it and Lord knows we need Christians in New York!!

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Sports, arts, drama, dorm life.
    Yep! I agree. We sure need these things to train men to preach the gospel. Yessirree! Now that there is a REAL education.
    In His service;
    Jim :rolleyes:

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Less than what Dr. Bob outlined is not a Bible college education, a Bible institute education but not a Bible college education. There is nothing wrong with the later, just as long as one does not confuse it with the first.
    When it came time for me to decide on where to go back in the late 70s, I heeded the advice of one of the old Puritans. When asked what a preacher should have in his library, he answered:
    At the time, I was considering three Bible institutes and three Bible colleges. That comment shortened my list by half. Further, I learned how to outline not in my senior year homiletics class but in my freshman grammar and composition class. I wrote my first message for freshman public speaking.
    As I see it, Bible colleges\institutes exist to train leaders. They exist for the same reason the military academies exist. The question then becomes how rounded do you want your 2LTs\ENS to be on graduation? Or are you looking for a limited duty officer?

6. kaye

kaye New Member

The International Bible College is non-accredited we will never be accredited. We believe the state should have no say in what is taught in the school. We offer core classes. Such as Life of Christ, Bible doctrines, greek and hebrew, Bible Geography, personal evangelism, and a host of other classes. Our students are there to learn their specific area of ministry, and to train for full time Christian service