1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Interracial marriage:

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Spoudazo, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Baptist Vine

Baptist Vine Member
    Site Supporter

Any human can marry another, provided saved and opposite sex, both adults. Thats Bible. Thats all rightousness requires.

There could be practical complications, ie if two people had vastly different cultures and were not prepared to make concessions, but that is not a fundamental objection on race per se. It is a practical consideration that could exist even for two people of the 'same' race.

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I am in a "mixed" marriage. My wife is 50-50 Native American/German and I am 50-50 Scots/Welsh.

No problems. In fact, SHE has been denied jobs because she doesn't look Indian enough. But that isn't so much a problem as it is more of an illustration of people's ignorance.

Strange huh? We have encountered some folks in church who in their ignorance would say something like, "What do you think, Deb, since you are from that world?" As if she is some expert soley because of her mixed race. I am mixed race but never hear, "What do you think, Jim, about English Royalty?" Some folks act out of ignorance more than bigotry, I supppose. I am afraid it will be that way 'til Jesus comes. Even the people of Israel were/are that way about the Samaritans. And we ALL know what Jesus thought about that. :D

In HIS service;
    Jim

3. Christlifter

Christlifter New Member

Red, Brown, Yellow, Black and White, they are precious in His sight, Jesus loves all the people of the world!

4. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

I love that song - but I understand that it is now condemned as "politically incorrect," describing ethnic heritage as "red and yellow, black and white" has been replaced in the song by "every race, every kind - they are precious in His mind."

:rolleyes:

Fortunately, the point is preserved - "Jesus loves the little children - all the children of the world."

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

USN;
    You have GOT to be kidding!!?

The PC police have corrupted a wonderful little kids song?

Is nothing sacred anymore?

Well...I am STILL going to teach my grandkids the right way to sing that song...the way it was written.

In HIS service;
    Jim

6. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Amen, av. [​IMG] I'm a pale skin. :D

7. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Hey - I'm not saying I like it...but I actually heard it done in the way I stated. I was flabbergasted!

8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every race; OK, I can understand that, but:

Every kind---What the mischief does this mean? I thought people were, well, people. Never heard of different "KINDS"! :confused:

Another example if the insanity of PC! :rolleyes:

9. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

ROFL, for real. Maybe they mean like the intellectually challenged, the vertically challenged, and the horizontally challenged. [​IMG]