1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Interview with Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Amy.G, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Read the interview HERE.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So much for his lie about their influence in his life.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So much for being born again.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Commend Your Support of the POTUSA

You deserve to be commended for your efforts to support the man elected to be POTUSA. Even though this interview has places that can be taken apart with a closer look, you love the man, and that is worth a pat on your back.

The problem with Barrack, from what I've seen, is that I don't believe it is possible for anyone to serve in that office, and be a 100%, sold-out, Jesus first, believer. There are just too many things that are going on behind the doors of the Oval Office that tear away at the moral fibers of anyone who serves as the POTUSA.

A for instance, is his pro abortion stance. No one can be a believer in Jesus while the sink their eye at the practice of abortion. Barrack not only stands for abortion, he is for world wide abortion, and the inhumane treatment of babies that are the direct result of a botched abortion.

This one issue brings into question the moral fiber of the man. You can't be signing off on bills that will fund abortion clinics and then go to a prayer breakfast and praise God. The two don't mix. They contradict each other and send the wrong message to the masses as to what a Christian is, or isn't.

When asked about abortion, during Rick Warrens Forum, Barrack said that that one issue was "above" his pay grade. That is a cop out....and it doesn't remove the blood of those babies from his hands.

He may be a believer. He may say he is a Christian. But, the truth is, his testimony doesn't line up with the full content of the Bible.

Still, I have to give you credit for trying to stand up for the man you support and believe in. As for me and my house, we will not waver from the truth.

I don't pretend to be perfect, Amy, but, when I know there is sin in my life, I prayerfully set out to move the mountain that is blocking my access to God, Himself. Your man, is not trying to move any mountains, he just turns a blind eye to that which he knows is sin. He can do this, because he has FAILED to embrace Jesus as his Lord and Savior, and that is what it is, an unbeliever!

Pastor Paul:type:

#4 righteousdude2, Nov 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2008
  5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:laugh: You have totally misunderstood me! I have NEVER supported Obama. I posted this article to show that he is NOT a born again believer.

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now You're Talkin'...

I am sorry for thinking you were a supporter of Barrack. I knew there was something I liked about you since I came on the board. I applaud your post, and making it known that the guy is a true fraud when it comes to Christianity.

Please accept my apology for this mistake......:laugh:

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Apology accepted. :wavey:

:godisgood:

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Thank you Amy for posting this information. It is so unfortunate that Christians supported this man given his strong defense of the murder of the unborn. And yes JC it is murder, the deliberate snuffing out the life of the most innocent among us.

The interview also raises important questions about Obama's faith.

#8 OldRegular, Nov 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2008
  9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dare say this thread will be glaring for the lack of responses from the "O" supporters, OR there will be some sho' nuff wild explanations to defend him!:tear:

Truly a pity that the discernment this last election was so lacking.

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

FALSANI:
    Who's Jesus to you?

(He laughs nervously)

OBAMA:
    Right.

Jesus is an historical figure for me, and he's also a bridge between God and man, in the Christian faith, and one that I think is powerful precisely because he serves as that means of us reaching something higher.

And he's also a wonderful teacher. I think it's important for all of us, of whatever faith, to have teachers in the flesh and also teachers in history.

[SIZE=+1]FALSANI:
    Do you believe in sin?

OBAMA:
    Yes.

FALSANI:
    What is sin?

OBAMA:
    Being out of alignment with my values.

FALSANI:
    What happens if you have sin in your life?

OBAMA:
    I think it's the same thing as the question about heaven. In the same way that if I'm true to myself and my faith that that is its own reward, when I'm not true to it, it's its own punishment.

[/SIZE]

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since President-elect Obama is not going to be national pastor this article is irrelevant to his performance as president beginning January 20, 2009. As to whether or not he is saved that matter is in God's hands, just as it is for all posters in this forum. Personally, I have no problem with calling him my brother in Christ just as I call my fellow posters in this forum my brothers and sisters in Christ.

12. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

We need to be concerned about the beliefs of our President - and the rest of our leaders - and Obama certainly should not be given an exception. Many of the problems we face are the result of Representatives, Senators, Presidents, Judges, and various administrators who do not have a true belief in Jesus Christ. This was an important consideration in times past but these days we're so deeply lost into the "separation of church and state" lie that we've come to believe everything in government has to be purely "secular" and devoid on any basis in Christianity.

As for Obama, only God knows his status but we'd better pay attention to the evidence if we care. On the one hand, as I've written before, I've listened to Obama's profession of faith and it seemed as genuie as any I've heard. However, the things he said in the subject interview cast considerable doubt on his understanding of just who Jesus Christ is and what He's done for us. Obama's comments seem to demonstrate a rather shallow or purposefully pluralistic point of view and imply his understanding of "right and wrong" is based in his own values. That's dangerous and all the more so for someone who's going to be President.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

Classic unbeliever responses.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Afer reading his responses, how can you have no problem calling him a brother in Christ? His responses do not sound like those of a child of God. He doesn't believe Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life...just one of many pathways, and someone who "bridged" the gap between God and man by atoning for those things that go against our values (whatever that means).

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same way I still call posters in this forum fellow Christians(irrespective of political beliefs) even though they have not exhibited at times the love of Christ toward fellow Christian posters in this forum during this past election cycle.

16. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I enjoyed reading the interview to hear some more insights into Obama's spiritual journey and the stories behind his choices.

I don't think there was anything surprising in the interview that wasn't already widely known.

Obama is a liberal Christian who claims to have made a decision to have a relationship with Christ, was was spiritually raised in a liberal Christian denomination and also has some very shaky doctrine. And by shaky I mean wrong.

He is currently looking for a new church and I hope he can find one that is able to help him grow his relationship with Christ, spend more time in scripture and correct many of his doctrinal errors.

#16 Gold Dragon, Nov 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2008
  17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Several things have been established in this interview:

1. Obama has no idea what a Christian is.

2. His religion is works based rather than based on the blood of Christ.

3. He believes all religions are equal and all paths lead to the same place.

His mistakes are basic and foundational and go beyond the mistakes of an immature Christian. His mistake is all inclusive and believes everyone will go to heaven and there is no such thing as the wrath of God. You cannot be a Christian and deny God's wrath.If you do not understand the wrath of God at some level you do not understand salvation. He flat out denies it.

18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

He sounds a lot like Bush, doesn't he?

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

He may. Do you have a transcript from an interview with him? Probably need to start a new thread when you post it so you will not continue to be off topic.

20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Allow me to quote Just-want-peace from another thread:

"Nice try at covering your posterior,Ken (Revmitchell); sorta like a cat does it's mess."