1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Investigating Bush Administration

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Not_hard_to_find, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Exactly Nhtf. How many millions will be burned lookin for boogers where there are none.

They will accomplish nothing except some satisfaction in deriding the administration.

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

If so, it will burn out quickly. Remember when the GOP was trying one thing after another to get Clinton?

And it cost them in the next elections. If the democrats are merely vindictive, instead of looking for corruption, they will pay.

But there are some problems that need addressing. Congress has been incredibly lax in oversight.

4. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I agree. There are a few areas that need to be looked at to see how processes can be improved. The Bush administration made a lot of mistakes. If the Democrats are trying to make improvements, then we will all benefit. If they are trying to beat up the Republicans, then things haven't changed at all.

Tim Reynolds

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And in the end, he got himself.

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Barbarian observes:
    If so, it will burn out quickly. Remember when the GOP was trying one thing after another to get Clinton?

The point is, almost all of his attackers went down in disgrace, while Clinton is now rated by the American people as one of the best presidents in recent history. They don't like him much for his personal failings, but they recognize that he was good for America:

On some specifics Clinton's final ratings soar higher still. Sixty-seven percent say he's been a strong leader. Sixty-eight percent approve of his work on foreign affairs; on race relations, 73 percent approve; and on the economy — the mainstay of his overall approval — 76 percent endorse Clinton's performance.
    Yet this is also a president with truly dismal personal ratings: Sixty-seven percent of Americans say he's not honest and trustworthy. Seventy-seven percent say he lacks high moral and ethical standards. And just 44 percent view him favorably "as a person."

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/poll_clintonlegacy010117.html

Think about Gingrich, DeLay, et all. History has a way of getting things sorted out. In the end, presidents are rated for the job they did as president.

7. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

And sometimes the rating takes a number of years.

8. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

76% approve of Clinton's performance, yet 66% say he is not honest and trustworthy.
    Is it just me or does it appear there is a problem with those two ideas?

How can one approve of another's performance, yet distrust that person?

Seems to me that performance is linked to character.

If he were a carpenter for example;
    He could probably frame a house and produce quality work, but if he is dishonest then the PRICE of that work could be hyper inflated.

Same with Presidents. I do not believe that the PRICE of Clinton's "success" is worth it. Nor do I believe that the PRICE of Bush's will be either.

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Should we conclude that Jefferson's record as president is poor because he was not faithful to his wife?

How about Washington, who padded his expense account during the revolution?

The public simply noted that Clinton's personal problems did not prevent him from doing a good job as president. I'd like him in the White House, but not next door to me.

And that's how it is. Commentators at the time were remarking on how dumb Americans were, when people of other nations can distinguish between a man's public and private lives.

Turns out Americans are smarter than they thought. The years have only increased people's regard for Clinton's accomplishments.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

SOURCE

I want a painted pony.

#10 poncho, Nov 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2006
  11. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

I think a lot of things could stick to bush to cause impeachment but ...

one that may stick is the immense waste of multi-billions in Iraq and war profiteering and paying what I would call hired mercenaries exorbenant money compared to the common soldier...will come to light and the American people will want an accounting...now others things that would stick is the Valerie Plame outing ....phone tapping...torture...election rigging ....but I think the war and its waste with cronyism is the one the American people will latch on too and like a pit bull not let go of. imho

but that is all future perhaps soon perhaps not ...as a citizen I may have to prioritize or make a deal so as we can now plan a phased withdrawal from Iraq and heal the wound of an incompetently run occupation ..yes occupation.

If put on a scale I would want the new leadership in Congress to be more forgiving so as to meet that goal of bringing our men and women home with parades and honor with the bi-partisan attitude for support for them and calling them winners.

I am on record on this board that bush must reach out to his father and it looks like he is doing so...that is good...but I tremble at the the thought
    that Gods sovereign mercy would have waited and given smidgen control of congress to the Republicans, that would have just enabled a poor performer(bush) but Praise God for the return of checks and balances...the American people win but honest brokers in congress with new oversight must show wisdom and discernment in picking their oversight...bush should show Rove the door and repudiate his type of politics of fear and division...another step of bush showing change and uniting the country for common good.

New leaders and honest brokers must emphasis Iraq and ethics and show progress to the American people.

Will idealogues try to undermine the new leadership ..somewhat but it will be a small vocal minority...now if the leadership shows a type of bush incompetence then its rush, drudge, ann , and others blotting out the sun to bring back division while they fill their pockets.

I don't think Idealogues will give Congress Woman Nancy Pelosi 100 days which is proper respect and time for anyone new in major leadership role but as a whole majority of Americans will give her a chance during her first
    100 days ..the same for Harry Reid.

Americans want solutions on Iraq and they want it front and center and part of that equation along with taking care of the soldiers is phased withdrawal, and accounting for all the money spent and why...which is only
    correct...those who spent and received the money must show they used the taxpayers money wisely if not then the bush culture will go down in history as worse as tea pot dome and others. I think the later will happen the waste is so enormous.

2 billion dollars a week is ghastly ..bush never did understand a dry hole he just kept borrowing and leaning on others to pay for incompetence...the past really does and can invade the future.

but on a positive note bush seems to leaning to his father and I hope that continues and if bin laden is killed then the American people will give him some legacy.

more on topics I will be posting on Pelosi and Reid and giving them respect for 100 days

war profittering

rove must go and reject his politics

Democrat must show grace and leadership but if the incompetence and corruption is so bad from its oversight it must go after it...I would make a deal not to impeach the President but that underlings must go and bush repudiate the past and embrace what the American people voted for ...change, Iraq solutions, and common good.

A whole lot of mess to be cleaned up ...we must give new leadership a chance , decourum and tradition means 100 days.

imho

also more in the future about common good..one of the ticklers is creating a 3rd party or even a 4th party....election reform...etc..etc,

sincerely
    Aslanspal

I think we can all agree and pray that a mess needs cleaning up ...Americans do not feel good about their country as compared to the past...but now their is hope with the return of checks and balances and new voices for honest brokers to push policy.

wow! first big post after the election...congrats to the American people bringing back checks and balances.

12. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I suspect there will be no investigations of this administration by the new congress. They have a rather big election coming in '08' and need to not anger anyone tween now and then. They need to show that they can do something about a ton of problems, besides simply casting innuendos and lies at the current administration. They've lost that luxury.

13. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Nevertheless, the American people listed that as the second biggest concern. They will be expected to go after corruption. Failing to do it, would not be politically wise.