1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IPad opinions?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by billwald, Sep 19, 2010.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

The Wife uses her computer 90% of the time for email and solitaire. She is a touch typer. Would the screen keyboard on ipad be satisfactory after the novelty wore off?

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a tablet about the size of the Ipad and find the screen keyboard quite useful but it is one finger at a time. Touch typing MIGHT be possible but You have to keep your fingers off the surface. Have her type on a table without touching except for the keystrokes and see if she thinks she can do it.

Most I've read about find themselves making many typos.

For the price you can pick up full tablet (XP or win 7 starter) netbooks for less money and she can do both.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032ALW5C/?tag=baptis04-20

S10-3T starts under five hundred and there are others for about the same price.

There are other full netbook tablets as well as a ton of small tablets of various sizes and operating systems.

Best buy has the ipads, you could go in and give it a try. It is much lighter than a tablet.

I can't imagine touch typing doing too well though on a long haul - course been wrong before :tongue3:

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist