1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iraq war a nightmare

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dagwood, Oct 13, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am curious. Since you think you have the authority to decide who is a "real" Christian, do you pronounce me a "real" Christian? Why or why not?

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2 Timothy2:1-4

2) The rhetoric coming out of the lefties such as Pelosi and Ronnie is the equvivlent to giving the terrorists guns and missles.

Is it?

I believe it's a truthful statement. Evidently you don't.

I can't prove absolutely that it is true, although there is plenty of evidence to suggest it is. Bin Laden routinely regurgitates almost verbatim whatever the anti-war establishment says.

You can't prove it false at all. So, is it really a lie?

Apparently, it is mostly a matter of opinion.

3. North Carolina Tentmaker

Oh my Ken, I am terribly sorry to have given that impression. Of course I cannot tell who is a real Christian and who is not. That is between you, or them, and God. I don’t know if you are a “real” Christian or not. You give testimony of knowing Christ as your savior so I would guess that you are.

I do however know that there are many who claim to be Christians that are not and there are some that think they are Christians and are not.
    Many of the so called Christians in Iraq belong to a sect called Chaldeans or Assyrians who are an eastern Catholic sub group that puts heavy emphasis on liturgy and works over grace. I do not think it implausible to suggest that many of these people call themselves Christian and think they are Christians but like many Catholic groups around the world have missed the grace of God and are trying to earn their way into heaven through their works. I am sure there are individual men and women there who are saved, but I am also confident that many are not. They need to hear the gospel. Whether they call themselves Christian or Muslim, either way they need to hear the gospel.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now on that we can agree, brother. It is an unfortunate state of affairs but what you said is true.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is when a person won't brook any criticism of the Bush administration's invasion of Iraq in an offensive war without charging those who criticize with wanting these United States to lose and with helping al Qaeda.

Let's face the fact that Rumsfeld(and those advising him) made terrible miscalculations and did a horrible job of planning for what the results of invading Iraq would be. George W. Bush placed Rumsfeld in his position of power and therefore has to accept the blame for the current situation.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Again the problem with the lefties isn't that they criticize but how they do it. And the current tactic for crticism gives aid and comfort to the enemy as General snachez said and spent much more time on than the adminsitration.

8. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Compared with:

So... you have no problem with criticism despite the fact that you consider it as dangerous as armed assistance to the terrorists?