1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iraq War Will Hit Home Soon...

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by UnashamedYouth, Oct 26, 2003.

1. UnashamedYouth

UnashamedYouth New Member

One of my close friends(the one who got married 3 days before graduation)'s husband is in the airforce and is getting ready to be shipped over to Iraq... they will be driving INTO Iraq so he'll be in the line of fire from day one. :( Jason is such a funny guy. I don't want to have to worry about anyone of my friends in the military, but of course HE has to be the one to go over there :(

Please pray for Becka and Jason Young. [​IMG] thanks.

2. Grace

Grace New Member

Wow..he can tell you where he's going? My uncle and my best friend's dad can't tell us where they'll be. My prayers are with you and your friends.

3. UnashamedYouth

well he told his mom who told us

he's didn't tell her why they were going over there...

4. Grace

Grace New Member

He probably also doesn't know how long he'll be gone does he?

5. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

will be praying for him

6. UnashamedYouth

if he does his mom didn't say...

I just can't imagine how Becka will cope without him here for Christmas (which makes that the second one in a row they can't celebrate together :( )

7. Grace

Grace New Member

Unashamed, be proud that he's going. I would be. At least he's being a man and doing his job. There are some guys from our base here that are going out and getting DUI's on purpose so that they won't have to deploy. I am personally ashamed of them for doing that. You know when you enlist in a time of war that you, in all liklihood, will be deploying. (these guys are all 18 and 19 year olds)
    Your friend will get through because she will have to. I'm not trying to say this in a harsh way. But, she's an adult, and will manage. My friends dad's are going...my uncle and my best friend's dad. Uncle Scott will miss Thanksgiving and Christmas...could even miss his daughter's graduation. But, we are proud of him. You can help her by being there for her. Your church can help her. Our church does this thing..."Adopt a military family" where people in our church make sure that our military families are taken care of. We make sure that things that can go wrong (plumbing, cars, etc) are taken care of, and if they are going to be alone over the holidays, we invite them into our homes. Be there for your friend. It will not be easy for her to have him gone, but, she will manage. He is held in God's hands.

8. UnashamedYouth

oh I'm not saying I'm not proud, or that the Iraq war is a waste of time. Quite opposite...

it's just that right now she isn't planning on moving up here, and for me it's going to be tough because I want to be right there with her. So far all of my military friends are either in a safe base stateside... or they're in a fairly safe base outside the US... but now I'm going to be worrying everytime another report of casulties comes on the news... it's crazy :(

9. Grace

Grace New Member

I know what it's like to wonder when you see the casualty lists. Don't look too often. I looked several times a day, and even though it was no one I knew, I had to make myself stop. After it first started, we lost a helicopter from our base, from a search and rescue squadron, which is what my uncle is in. I was hysterical, and I worried all day long. We came to find out that he was stationed somewhere else, but still, it hit very close to home that these were OUR boys out there getting shot down. It will be difficult for you, but make sure she knows that if she needs you, she knows how to get ahold of you. Grace, Mercy, and Peace to you. Believe me when I say that I do understand.