1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ireland harbouring convicted terrorist trainers

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 8, 2005.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do the crime, do your time.

3. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Paisley and Co are apoplectic about it...no change there, then.

Seriously, if Sinn Fein/ PIRA are serious about handing in their terrorist badges, they should 'encourage' these guys to hand themselves in.

Yours in Christ

Matt

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

They are doing nothing of the sort. I am appalled at this action. Ahern is trying to slough it off hoping it will go away before everyone is backs from their hols.

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"We understand that the IRA and its members will no longer have any contact with any foreign paramilitary and terrorist organisations," announced White House spokesman Scott McClellan after the statement by the Provos a couple of weeks ago. This translates as: "Please don't go round the world swapping your technical know-how for hard cash, like the way you taught those nasty FARC people how to fire mortars properly and thus disrupt CIA-backed anti-drugs operations."

No-one knows if such a plea will be successful; but the fact that the 3 PIRA men picked up at Bogota airport claiming to be ecotourists went on the run immediately after their convictions and now appear to have washed up in the Republic, still un-apprehended, may cause ructions not just between George and Bertie but also between George and Tony: Northern Ireland Secretary Peter Hain plans to grant an amnesty to wanted Provos; but should the Colombia Three decide to cross the border into Ulster anytime soon, the Americans and the Colombians are likely to seek their extradition - quite rightly - leading to transatlantic rows and a lot of fee income for Ulster's human rights lawyers as they try to fight any deportation.

Yours in Christ

Matt

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

They are definitely here - I saw the live RTE interview.

I have a feeling that my countrymen will not see these terrorist "as bad" as Muslim terrorists. I hope I am wrong.

7. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I am not at all surprised.
    Obviously the IRA doesn't value human life.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

And Sinn Feinn, for all their talk, are still supporting this action.

Most Americans favour PIRA's goals so I fear these men who train terrorists to assist drug growers, producers, and sellers in Colombia will escape US pressure.

9. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

In spite of the British/Irish government's denials and rhetoric, I believe they accomodated these three in getting to Ireland as part of a deal with Sinn Fein/IRA which lead to the Provos recent announcement.

Tony Blair has already stated that he does not equate Irish terrorism to be on a par with Islamic terrorism. The lives of UK citizens in Ulster are deemed less valuable than those in London. Shame.

Blair and Ahern cannot be trusted with the "peace" process. It is and always has been an "appeasement" process. Why don't they just raise a white flag and be done with it?

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I wasn't aware of the feelings about Blair, David. I am virtually certain that Ahern had full knowleldge. I fear that the Bush adminstration also turned a blind eye. To get an IRA decomissioning under his presidency is a notch in his belt.

The could not get the murderers of Jerry McCabe freed so they let the Colombia Three come him.