1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IRS agent: Tax agency is still targeting Tea Party groups

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a remarkable admission that is likely to rock the Internal Revenue Service again, testimony released Thursday by House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp reveals that an agent involved in reviewing tax exempt applications from conservative groups told a committee investigator that the agency is still targeting Tea Party groups, three months after the IRS scandal erupted..

In closed door testimony before the House Ways & Means Committee, the unidentified IRS agent said requests for special tax status from Tea Party groups is being forced into a special "secondary screening" because the agency has yet to come up with new guidance on how to judge the tax status of the groups.

In a transcript from the committee provided to Secrets, a Ways & Means investigator asked: "If you saw -- I am asking this currently, if today if a Tea Party case, a group -- a case from a Tea Party group came in to your desk, you reviewed the file and there was no evidence of political activity, would you potentially approve that case? Is that something you would do?"

The agent said, "At this point I would send it to secondary screening, political advocacy."

The committee staffer then said, "So you would treat a Tea Party group as a political advocacy case even if there was no evidence of political activity on the application. Is that right?" The agent admitted, "Based on my current manager's direction, uh-huh."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/irs-a...ll-targeting-tea-party-groups/article/2534044

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ......bump

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very reliable sources have stated publically that this is one of those phony scandals that we have been hearing so much about lately.

4. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I will not get into specifics but I'm on the Board of Directors of a new non profit Pregnancy Resource Center with a Christian emphasis. We applied to the IRS about five months ago and have still got no approval. We were supposed to have been approved in 6-8 weeks, but this all happened about the same time the "Phony Scandals" began. I feel we are being scrutinized because we are Christian. I have no proof, but it just doesn't feel right. Our lawyer said he thinks we should have been approved a while ago.

Thanks Obama/Lois Lerner.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You probably know that the IRS recently audited both Billy Graham and Samaritan's Purse. Needless to say, they found nothing.