1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"IRS thug tactics" revisited

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by targus, Dec 18, 2009.

1. targus

targus New Member

I have started this thread so as not to hijack another one.

The following is in response to saturneptunes characterization of me as an "IRS apologist".

Do you disagree with this line of thinking?

Can you state your specific problem with this statement?

Can you state your specific problem with this statement?

Not my words - take it up with billwald

What is your specific complaint with my personal experiences?

It is interesting that you do not answer this question.

Will you so answer now?

What is your specific complaint with this statement?

What is your specific complaint with the above?

Another question that you failed to answer. So what were the "thug like tactics"?

Another question that you did not answer.

Why are you reproducing all these unanswered questions which I psoed to you? It doesn't build your case in any way - but they do bolster mine.

Not my words. Look at my post to you in response to this before.

Why do you again misrepresent me and ignore my actual statements in this regard?

How does this make me an apologist for the IRS?

What is your specific complaint with the above?

Just that all of the quotes of mine from the other thread which you have recreated are reasonable and for the most part questions which you do not answer.

I get it - your particular mindset does not allow you to see anything from any other perspective than your own personal bias.

You could go a long way in convincing me that I am wrong by explaining how any of the above quotes of mine are unreasonable.

That and actually answering any of the above questions.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

My point in the earlier IRS threads is that there are abuses. I've seen them firsthand.

And the problem is that the "guilty until proven innocent" approach used by the IRS, coupled with an incomprehensible tax code, and the lack of affordable options for regular citizens to deal with tax issues, make the climate way too ripe for taxpayers to get shafted.

There's no doubt: The ratio of power-hungry, abusive, or dishonest IRS agents probably mirrors that of most Federal government workers (higher than the private sector (since it's darn near impossible to fire the bad ones), but not shockingly high).

But oh, the damage a "bad apple" can do.

Are most problems between taxpayers and the IRS the IRS's fault? Nope, wouldn't say that.

But I also wouldn't say the opposite...that whenever you see an issue, it's always because of a careless or inattentive taxpayer.

Most of this would clean up with some tax code simplification..but that's not going to happen.