1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is America better in race relations since Holder/Obama?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me a post you made about race relations about any other President before Obama. I'll wait.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Daily caller

Decidedly worse since Obama took office.

OTOH Who is the most popular American in central Africa? That well known racist, George W. Bush, who didn't just mouth platitudes, but made a difference in the lives of millions of blacks.

#42 carpro, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps the numbers have gone down amongst Whites because White people are finally acknowledging that they don't like seeing black people in positions of authority over them and their true prejudices are coming out since seeing Obama elected. As a result of their true prejudices coming forth, Blacks also perceive race relations to be worse.

This is just as plausible a reason for the decline in race relation numbers as what they are trying to correlate it to be.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even black politicians agree:

#44 carpro, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps the Chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus recognizes that since a black man has taken a position of authority over white people, their prejudices have come to the forefront. And thus race relations have gotten worse since President Obama took office.

Perhaps both sides agree because white folks are becoming more open about their prejudices since a black man became President. The white people have become more negative towards Blacks and the black people recognize this. So perhaps both white and black folks view race relations as having gotten more negative but for different reasons?

Some of the white folks want to blame Obama for making race relations worse. And some of the black folks want to blame the folks who blame Obama with their negative attitudes and stereotypes about Blacks as making race relations worse.

Who is right?

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course she blames it on white racism.:thumbs:

What else is new?

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    0bam@ attacked first. He even said that his own grandmother was typical. That was long before any mention of issues was denounced as racist as they are now. Holder started out by saying that whites were cowards.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never before discussed race on the Baptist Board. I have merely said that all opposition to 0bam@ has been denounced as racist but Democrats are not racists--only Republicans.

By the way, the white gay mecca is San Francisco and the black gay mecca is Atlanta, making gays quite racist since they are more or less segregated.

9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That last sentence might have been the stupidest thing I've ever read on this board.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That last sentence might have been the kindest thing that you have ever posted on this board. By the way, you should rest assured that you yourself are not racist, not a bigot, not a birther, and not a bitter clinger--those labels are reserved for the GOP.

As for the concept that Atlanta is the black gay mecca and San Francisco is the white gay mecca, that is a commonplace statement even among gays. Racism among gays is even noted by the liberal Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_LGBT_community

#50 church mouse guy, Sep 29, 2014
  11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's just so out of leftfield and has nothing to do with what we are talking about. THe other day you were rambling about somebody nuking us for our sins, now you are going on about some concept of a "gay" mecca. Are you ok?

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, didn't you read that it was Colorado University Professor Ward Churchill who said that the USA should be nuked for her sins. That is another statement that has been around for some time now. The sins that Professor Churchill says deserve nuclear destruction include racism as well as imperialism, etc.

I was just pointing out that although the black gay mecca is Atlanta and the white gay mecca is San Francisco, and although Wikipedia even discusses racism among gays, gays are not considered racist because the are nearly 100% Democrat. And here again Atlanta has been called the gay mecca in the press for 10 years at least.

But I realize that you have been out of the country. And I know that your concern is genuine.

In fact, can anyone name one Democrat racist alive today? Of course not.

#52 church mouse guy, Sep 29, 2014
  13. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must have someone in mind, so please enlighten all of us. Thanks in advance.

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no one in mind. I do not hear any Democrat being called a racist. The term racism is being reserved for Republicans, who are also called bigots, birthers, and bitter clingers. However, I do thank you for adding that you too find 0bam@ a somewhat uninteresting public speaker. Personally, I never listen to Democrats much anyway because I know that Indiana always suffers under Democrats as they write us off as hicks.

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well if the shoe fits....

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Oh please Brer Fox, whatever you do, please don't throw me into the briar patch."

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is one of the few things Holder got right.

Whites are cowards when it comes to discussing race. That is proven right here on this board.

Leftists are the cowards and hide behind accusations of racism directed toward anyone here who dares to discuss race.

18. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me where?

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There's also nothing new about white people blaming a decline in race relations on whatever black person that whites perceive as the de facto"leader" of Blacks.

I would venture that if you went back and looked at history, a lot of white people said the same thing about MLK Jr, Nelson Mandela or any other black person to ever be in a position of authority.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on the thread we had a couple of weeks ago, you may be the biggest coward here when it comes to discussing race. I'm sure you remember. I certainly do.