1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is America better in race relations since Holder/Obama?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 26, 2014.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Fatherhood of God, the Brotherhood of Man and the Neighborhood of Martha's Vineyard plus the Ivy League was not ever intended to be an insult but a mere observation.

If you are Ivy League, why do you even consider it insulting? If you are Ivy League, how is it a scoff to mention that liberals prize the Ivy League? Did you pay all that money just to train to post on a message board?

No, it was a remark about the theology and the materialism of liberalism in response to your personal insults about Texas.

It used to be noblesse oblige but now the noblesse abandons cordiality and acts like the lower class.

2. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a little strange coming from you because you so often engage in a sort of exchange that goes along the lines of I will not answer your question until you answer mine. However, if you yourself are claiming the title of intellectual, we will call you an intellectual from now on. However, as an intellectual you should know that we fundamentalists are better educated than you liberal intellectuals in today's world.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not a product of an Ivy league school, I went to a military college in Virginia. I just found it odd and out of place in context with the thread, which seems to be a recurring theme for you right now.

Materialism of the liberals? Isn't there a thread right now discussing a million dollar stain glass window project at a school? Sorry, I've always lived in the south and to act like the Northeast or liberals have curbed the market on materialism is woefully ignorant.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I may have used that line a few times, but only after others repeatedly refused to answer my question.

Did you notice yesterday no one, save one person, would answer my question.

What is your response. What would you attitude be if a son or daughter brought home a person of another race saying they were to be married?

I've never called myself an intellectual. I have read and studied all my life only to find there is much more to learn than I now know.

I have no idea what you mean when you say "better educated in today's world".

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought that your remark about the Texas education system was out of place. I am a product of the Texas education system and quite proud of it. I don't see kindness in your posts.

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry about your questions when they are hypothetical. It used to be that you mainline theologians could say that Fundamentalists and Evangelicals were poorly educated but that is no longer true, if it ever was. Besides it was a misreading of Scripture in the first place because the Holy Ghost gives knowledge.

Psalms 119:99 (KJV) I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies [are] my meditation.

7. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry if my comment didn't seem to be kind but as you can see I was directing that to Carpro after he repeatedly called me a liar and a coward both of which he couldn't prove although he tried to pass off someone else's words as my own in an attempt to win his argument. I actually exercised pretty great restraint from saying what I really wanted to say to him after that little stunt backfired. Surely you can understand that.

8. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you refuse to answer also. Wonder why I am not surprised?

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I never was in on that debate about interracial marriage. Technically speaking I don't think that there is any such thing as race and Scripture says:

Colossians 3:11 (KJV) Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.

So in light of Scripture, I think that your question itself is improper but I shall add to my comment that God gives Grace just at the right moment, or as Corrie Ten Boom explained God gives Grace like a parent gives a child a ticket on a train just as one boards the train.

Furthermore, I think that you violate the precepts of Christianity with your question by the words of Paul,

Philippians 4:11 (KJV) Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content.

12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

All that just to say you're afraid of sounding politically incorrect if you answered a simple question? :laugh:

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This verse is saying spiritually all are the same. Physically, biologically there are various races.

So, let's ask the question dropping the word race.

If you had a son or daughter brought home a person of a very different color and ethnicity saying this is the person I am going to marry, what would your reaction be?

Very simple question.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again you attack Scripture in large letters, Crabtown.

Your question was answered by the citation from Paul. One could point to the sister of Moses also.

So it is Jesus that you are attacking, not me.

But your point is totally demolished by the fact that all human beings descend from Adam and Eve.

Your political dissatisfaction with Scripture is just that--political dissatisfaction.

I am praying that you do not prolong this attack against Scripture because it is bad for you to kick against the pricks.

13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a most simply question and has nothing to do with scripture. I see you are unwilling to answer. I am not surprised. So, please never accuse me of not answering a question ... thanks in advance.

Did you know that science has discovered why there is a Caucasian group of people. What it is that makes their skin so light?

So I ask again, what would your attitude be if a son or daughter brought home a person of very different complexion and said they were going to marry them?

Very simply question ... one you appear to be afraid to answer.

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do not accept that all people are descended from Adam and Eve.

Furthermore you do not accept that Christians are taught by Paul to be content in all situations, good or bad.

Finally, you do not accept that this question was answered by Moses.

And you do not accept my answer but you go even further and make the false charge that I have not answered. I gave you the Christian answer--you do not allow that answer.

15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I do, but changes occurred as time passed and we now have biologically a number of races.

I do believe Paul wrote that ans as you bring it up I can only believe that you would be content with the situation I asked about ... yea, even welcome it.

Enlighten me, please.

You danced around but gave no discernible answer to the question. Why not just say I would welcome the new person into the family, or I would not welcome the new person into the family. Which is it for you.

16. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Professor Brent Aucoin:

http://betweenthetimes.com/index.php/tag/barack-obama/

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The SBC struggles not with any image of slavery. No one cares about that, no one is discusssing it and it does nothing to prevent SBC churches from growing.It is an outright intentional false claim. So long as liberals can no longer run the SBC they will continue to beat this dead drum. Shame on them.

18. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May or may not be true Rev. But there are lots of folk still alive who remember and care that many SBC pastors and churches adamantly opposed integration and civil rights for all.

To their credit in 1995 the SBC adopted a resolution in 1995 denouncing racism and repudiating its past defense of slavery and opposition to the civil rights movement.

Do you agree with the 1995 resolution?

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

This will be interesting.[​IMG]

Wonder if you'll get an answer?

20. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh?

Good stuff here: