1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is America Losing "Favored Nation Status?" (part1)

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Mar 2, 2013.

?
  1. Yes....

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't believe in "favored nation status"

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. I have no opinion

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was America once favored by Jehovah Jireh? Could it be remotely possible that the reason World War 2 ended in favor of the American''s and its allies had more to do with the favor of God and less to do with might and superiority?

If you look at the Bible, you will find hundreds of references to the terminology of God's favor, or ones "favored status" being the roots or causation behind the victories in the battles [both spiritually and physically] faced!

I tend to believe that America's victory had little to do with its military prowess, might, leadership or quick thinking. It is evident when one reviews the history of the battles won and lost in both the Europeon, and Pacific arenas had more to do with God directly influencing the situations in such a way that the enemy was often confounded, and the allies were in the right place at the right time.

In 2 Chronicles 20:15 we read, "Thus says the Lord to you, 'Fear not, and be not dismayed at this great multitude; for the battle is not yours but Gods." And in a way that the King could not take credit for, the battle was won by God as promised. In Joshua 6, we read how the well fortified city of Jericho was handed to Joshua and the Children of Israel after simply marching around the walls blowing on ram's horns, lifting their hands in praise and singing songs of worship to Jehovah for six straight days. In Judges 7, we see where a bewildered, but faithful Gideon turned back all but 300 of his men, and when God said, "Arise, go down against the camp; for I have given it into your hand" the entire nation of the mighty Midian was humbled and defeated by mere jars of lights and blasts on trumpets.

God is seen as quite unorthodox when it comes to the battle plans he gave his chosen warriors, but it was the unorthodox coupled with the faith of his chosen leaders who brought deliverance and victory in every battle in the Bible.

Take a look at the favor of God upon others in the Bible and how it always meant that his chosen ones could go forth with confidence that the Battle was the Lords!

In Genesis 6:8 - "But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord." Exodus 3:21 -"And I will give this people favor in the sight of the Egyptians" Psalm 30:7 - "By thy favor, O Lord, thou hadst established me as a strong mountain..." Luke 2:40 - "And the child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of God was upon him." Luke 2:52 - "And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature, and in favor with God and man." Acts 2:47 - "Praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved."

The word "favor" can be found in one or many other forms throughout the Bible, and it simply refers to an act of "Gracious kindness" on God's behalf to either an individual, a group or a nation. And it is my opinion that God's gracious kindness was directly and indirectly upon this country throughout the wars with Japan and Germany.

There is no doubt in my mind, that especially during the race to victory in the second World War, God threw His complete favor upon this nation. Whether it was deserved or not, we were the recipients of His "gracious kindness" and treated with special privilege, as God bestowed upon this nation, its leaders and the armies that fought in both the Pacific and Europeon arenas the kind of blessings that made sure both the German and Japanesse nations were not victorious.

These two nations were without a doubt, under the influence of an ever expanding presence of evil. An evil intent on destroying the people of this world who cherished freedom, free will, and God's plan that all men should be free to worship Him without intimidation or fear from the government that sat in judgment and control of religions and their activities.

However, just as God once favored America [and her allies], the sins of this postmodern society have just about all but forgotten the God of Israel and Creator of all we see and know; and time and technology have separated mankind from the once sacred and cherished institutions our nations held in esteem and with great respect. Instead, America and its allies have all but abandoned God, and His teachings; and replaced Jehovah God with idols molded out of intellect, greed, corruption, power, success and lust. This spiritual defection has left God with no other choice than to turn mankind [America] over to their own foolish follies and boastful claims [to be wiser than God] over to the desires of their hearts.

With their foolish claims to know more than God our His Word; they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man, technology, big business, academia and theories and ideals that were put in place to spiritually supress the living God, in order to enjoy the things of the flesh and evil itself!

For those who witnessed the miraculous developments throughout the Second World War, there was no doubt that God lent his full and complete favor to America, as this nation beat the enemy to it best efforts to defeat us, and our allies, and our national attempt to harness and develop the atom that struck such fear and panic into Japan that they surrendered only days after the second bomb was dropped on Nagasaki.

Check out part 2 in next thread-